How do u make a fake rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Anyone wanna share some tips? I attempted to fallow the directions on the above site but I skipped the grout sealer step thinking I would just use the paint sealer well it ate through grout and into foam!! Help i wanna do a good one!

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here's my "practice" one
fc42b831.jpg

Foam

4d5036d3.jpg

Grouted

9141d6e2.jpg

Texture paint and sealed. Still smells to much I doubt he'll ever see this one lol

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Prouddragonmama said:
Here's my "practice" one

I DID THE SAME THING! lol i read her instructions and she something like "after i applied the sealer i threw sand on it it didnt work so i just spray painted it" i figured why put a sealer on if it was just gonna be spray painted... what do you mean it ate through the grout like the grout started to come off? i used the same exact spray paint that she did but i havent seen it yet lol i spray painted it at about 3pm and left it in the backyard since i worked at 4pm today right before i left i touched it it was already dried and seemed fine... so what do you mean it ate through the grout and foam.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
i made a 14x17 basking spot... it looked like a giant cement block lol but affter the spray paint it looked good..

Prouddragonmama

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ha ha yeah I don't think i put a thick enough layer ofgrout it didn't eat through all the way! I just sprayed in a test spot then skipped that step went straight to tex paint then the matching sealer it's ok I think I just thought it would be harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom