How did you name your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
The night we brought my guy home my wife was playing with him in the hall while I was putting the finishing touches on his enclosure and she came in the room and said he was out there wreaking havoc, running around and climbing her shirt and hair and stuff, so that is how he got the name Havoc.

Hercules

Hatchling Member
This is an awesome thread and really interesting!

My little guy's name is Hercules, I had the name picked out before I even got him, so not knowing wether he was a male or female for the first couple of weeks was a little wierd haha. But I've always liked greek mythology and just thought Hercules was an awesome name for a beardie. Now that I've had the little guy for a little over a month and know his personality pretty well I think it's a perfect name for him. He's such a little curious and brave guy. I thought about getting a beardie for about a year or so because of the size of the commitment, but now that I have him I think it is one of the best decisions I have ever made!

psychgrl

I love hearing how people have named their babies!

My first guy is Gimli, my adult rescue. He came to us as Spike but we wanted him to have a new start, which included a name change. He is a bit small for his age, very feisty, and bearded (which is now starting to get hints of red!). I love Tolkien so Gimli seemed like a perfect fit.

My new baby is Dalek. He started life as Gumbo-a variation on Gimli's nickname of Gimbo-because we didn't have any other ideas. As cute as that was for a little baby, we knew that we'd eventually want to change it. We're Doctor Who fans as well and Dalek grew on us. He doesn't have much in common with the Daleks other than maybe he likes to "exterminate" crickets! Haha! Yeah, pretty lame. :)

trinity040400

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":15svt9i7 said:
I named mine, Vash the main character from Trigun...because I thought to myself
if anime characters were real which one would I want to be friends with :lol:
I know it's weird but...I like anime. :lol:

Thats a really cool name and a really cool anime!

I names my first beardie Tohru after my first favorite manga Fruits Baskets. If you know it I also had a bird named Kyo R.I.P.

Kira could be after a couple of things but I named her after the girl in Chronicles of Riddick.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Majora":39ohh5vz said:
I named my beardie Majora, from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It's my favorite video game of all time and one I've beaten many times over. When I first looked at him from above, the shape of his head reminded me of the shape of Majora's mask. I kept trying to think of other names but in my mind I kept calling him Majora, so it kind of stuck. I call him Mojo for short. Or doofus. I always ask him "how's my little doofus today?" and he just kind of looks at me. He's adorable. lol.

I also have a corn snake named Calcifer, named after the fire from Howl's Moving Castle, because he's red and orange (he's a striped blood morph) and three rats named Ace, Muta, and Mr. Cheddar. Ace got his name because he's an escape artist and I just thought it fit. Muta got his name from another Studio Ghibli movie, The Cat Returns. He's a big fat white rat, so my boyfriend named him after the big fat white cat in the movie. Lol. Mr. Cheddar, the hairless rat, was a rescue and came with the name.

Man I love the name Calcifer but didnt think of it. Most of my animals are named after anime. I also LOVE all the 3D zelda games but I think Majora's Mask is the only one I have been able to beat! :oops:

Jean-Claude and Anita's names came from Laurell k. hamiltons vampire series books. Jean Claude and Anita are the main characters names :D

GeckoCandy

Omega was named because once in a while I'd take him out at night time right before lights out and he liked to fall asleep in my lap. Omega has always seemed like an astronomical kind of name to me so I chose it. Before that he had no name lol...

Allistor was actually named by a friend, she likes a character on the anime Hetalia (which he's actually a fan made character haha), who is scotland, and his "real name" is Allistor. I promised her that if it was a boy I'd name it Allistor and so it was! (I said if it was a girl it was named Lizzie, for lizard... it was so unoriginal that it was original in my mind)

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
I named my beardie after something I really wanted, but knew I could never have. I'm epileptic, so I can't legally have a driver's license... but I still like cars. I named my dragon girl Lotus because that's the dream car I would want if I could drive :D (The Elise model in case anyone was wondering)

Sonic already had his name when I got him. I was thinking about changing it to match the theme of my dogs names, but Sonic fits him so well. I was going to change it to Bowse, from the Super Mario Bros. game. Sonic is a video game character, just like my dogs, so it still fits. :)

323246_476554829039745_2052627065_o.jpg

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Haha ooh the memories of playing Sonic as a kid.
Thanks Trinity, I love Fruits Baskets as well.
Aww sorry bout Kyo, that sucks, I had a parrot once
named Takuya...lovely bird...RIP you 2. ^^

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
I named my Rouge, because of her attitude when I first brought her home. She ran around like crazy, climbing me and the couch and my parents. :lol: She didn't go through any of the rehoming stress, and she was a little firecracker. Plus it's my favorite x-men. :D

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
noelerhard":1zb1qsj2 said:
I named my Rouge, because of her attitude when I first brought her home. She ran around like crazy, climbing me and the couch and my parents. :lol: She didn't go through any of the rehoming stress, and she was a little firecracker. Plus it's my favorite x-men. :D

You do know it is spelled "Rogue" right. Rouge is the color red in French. This is one of the most misspelled words ever.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Rosie and Frankie were named by my students when they saw pictures of them, and Teensy...well...Teensy was the runt of her clutch, being half the size of the others. We have only had her two weeks now, and she is growing like crazy, so maybe she will turn out to be the biggest of our three. You just never know.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
We had a list of close to 10 names that we narrowed down to 2 or 3. None of them fit her when we finally met the baby and her personality. They kind of have to name themselves! :) Sounds weird, but I think you know what I mean!! LOL I was dead set on Nala. Then I met her and called her that a few times and it just didn't work. I still think Gizmo (Gizzie) was cute, but Zoey won in the end. She just has that cute thing going on but she has an edge about her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom