How did you name your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
I thought this would be a fun topic. T :D here are so many unique names in here...so tell us how you came up with your beardies name?

My first one, Lucy, was named by my bf after the first know "human" remains found in Africa. Still haven't chosen a name for my baby that's coming in a few weeks.

Well my male fred got his name by for weeks i could not come up with a name that i thought fit so one day i walked by his cage and said hey fred so it stuck ......now my baby name is cheeto cause she is orange

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Myah! :D

Myah got the 'M' in her name because she came to me as a Malcolm! :shock: The rest was because she's My -ah, baby! :D

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
Reptar is from my favorite series when I was younger xD My crestie's is named after a pokemon,also from when I was a kid :) Charmander :mrgreen:

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I named mine Toothless after the adorable dragon from How To Train Your Dragon. They share the same personality and look, as well as having teeth that appear to be nonexistent at first! :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I named mine, Vash the main character from Trigun...because I thought to myself
if anime characters were real which one would I want to be friends with :lol:
I know it's weird but...I like anime. :lol:

Majora

I named my beardie Majora, from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It's my favorite video game of all time and one I've beaten many times over. When I first looked at him from above, the shape of his head reminded me of the shape of Majora's mask. I kept trying to think of other names but in my mind I kept calling him Majora, so it kind of stuck. I call him Mojo for short. Or doofus. I always ask him "how's my little doofus today?" and he just kind of looks at me. He's adorable. lol.

I also have a corn snake named Calcifer, named after the fire from Howl's Moving Castle, because he's red and orange (he's a striped blood morph) and three rats named Ace, Muta, and Mr. Cheddar. Ace got his name because he's an escape artist and I just thought it fit. Muta got his name from another Studio Ghibli movie, The Cat Returns. He's a big fat white rat, so my boyfriend named him after the big fat white cat in the movie. Lol. Mr. Cheddar, the hairless rat, was a rescue and came with the name.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I named mine, Nimrod or Nim for short. From the little sea monster on the one season running show 'Surface' I really liked the show and hated it being canceled. The creature was the CUTEST thing! :D I was thinking of naming him Yoshi, because Yoshi the dinosaur is cute in the first Mario game he appeared in. But after seeing that so many people on this site had dragons named Yoshi, I remembered Nimrod from the show and that was my beardies name. :D I have and had so many other pets I'm not going to start on their names.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
I named my first beardie "Clyde" because it was the first name that popped into my head the day I bought him.

My new beardie was harder to name. I knew I was getting him ahead of time and had seen pictures of him. While I was watching the British Open, I told myself I'd name him after the winner. When Ernie Els won, I thought "Ernie" was a great name. However, when you hear that name you immediately think of Bert & Ernie and my beardie is very yellow. So I ended up naming him Bert instead!

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
My Dragon is Sarafino (Fino for short) - he's a red trans so I looked for names relating to fire and Sarafino means 'burning one' or 'serpent' and I thought it fit well.
Hubby tried to help me come up w/ a name ..... His contributions.... First one "I know it's racist but its 2012 and the Chinese year of the dragon - Chink?" :shock:
Second was "Well he is red so how about Chief. Like an Indian chief." (that one I considered for an hour or two)
He was fired after that lol. Let me be sure to add that he is not racist lol, just has a warped sense of humour.

Geckos:
Male - Argento - name of one of the horses on Gladiator
Female - Spaz - took her out of her cup when I got her, she ran around her tank 3 times and dove into her hide. She does NOT like to be held!
Female - Bashful - she's my shy quiet sweetie
Female - Orion (RIP) - she had a stripe down her back like a belt
Female - Beautiful (Beau or BoBo for short) - she was my first reptile and I fell in love with her beautiful self.

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
Mine are named after characters from an anime show i like since the names seemed to fit - Hige meaning beardy for the boy and Ojo for the girl meaning princess (until i rehomed her).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom