How did you name your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesdad

I'm a huge HeMan fan. When my son was3,I got him into watching the new version (MYP version from 2001). He named our boxer Divan, bc it was Man At Arms name. I pushed for other character names for our dragon we got a months ago .I tried Skeletor, Beast Man, etc. But he said he wanted his new brothers name to be Slash. So, Slash it is!
Of course all can picture is him wearing a hat ,bushy hair hanging down, tearing up a guitar!

YavannaV

Hatchling Member
For our first we were coming up with names that sound similar to dragon and got Dregan. Then we found out 'he' was really a she so lengthened it to Dreganna.

With our new little one, our daughter wanted to call it Iggy and I thought that sounds too much like an Iguana name. We were looking at him/her closely though trying to find a fitting name and noticed he/she has a zig-zag pattern running down his/her back and changed Iggy to Ziggy.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Goodtruant":2uyfdc9l said:
Ours is named after Don Draper, the main character on the show Mad Men.

Don+Draper.jpg

Draper1.jpg

See the resemblance?

You're right! Your beardie is every bit as handsome as Jon Hamm!

My friend and I had an inside joke about Bomani Jones (Sports analyst from ESPN). I joked one day and said if I ever get a BD, I would name him Bomani Jones, and sure enough she made me stick to what I said.

LoveMy4BeardieGals

Hatchling Member
All my animals have first and middle names...and all of them are either named after Jim Henson characters for me and Star Wars characters for my husband, with the exception of a few. Our original beardies were bro and sis and they were named Scooter Gizmo and Skeeter Loo. Scooter passed, but I still have Skeeter (she is also referred to as my little chunker). I also have 3 others, and they all have names that end in ey or y. I have Bailey Emerald (I am a May baby), Ryelee Faye (It just suited my red leatherback perfectly), and Audrey Lemon (After Audrey Hepburn and lemon because she is a hypo citrus pastel). Our monitor is named Ralphie after A Christmas Story lol which is one of our fav Christmas movies...and his middle name is Vedder, after Eddie Vedder, whom is my husbands fav musician. Our leopard gecko is Wembley Gobo, Female crested is Leia Paige (she was purchased as a mate to our male crestie Yoda Ellington lol..I chose Paige as her middle name after Bettie of course, and I have no idea why Matt chose Ellington) The pacman frog is Jabba Da Hut or we lovingly call him "The Globfather" or "Hans Fatso" ..now let's see..the snakes, Matts snake before he met me is Miss Hiss. He named her Hiss because he had no idea what else to call her. We also refer to her as "Big Momma" Our python is Darth Reginald, salmon hypo boa is Luke Skywalker, our sulcata tortoise is Tortoiselini Marinara (my husband wanted him to have a traditional italian name lol) and 4 bettas: I had 5, but Sir Beauregard Blue passed. Now I have Captain Beaker Bubbles, Professor Bunsen Honeydew, Sakura Blossom, and Geisha Jade. Oh yeah cannot forget the fur babies! Figaro Newton (he looks just like the Disney animated Figaro and well Newton cause for short we call him Fig Newton), Lilly Monster (She was Matts cat, she is named after his moms fav flower and Monster because she used to be such a terror), Phoenix Chester aka "Chow" (Named after River Phoenix because Matt and my first date we watched "Stand By Me" and Chester which is short for Manchester United), and Zoey Monroe (I love Zooey Deschanel, and she was our "New Girl" and Monroe, because of my favorite actress, role model, and inspiration-Marilyn) They are all my kids so a lot of thought went into each and every one of their names.

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Thor was pretty small when I got him/her. But I knew bearded dragons got big and beefy when they got older. I had just seen the Thor movie and so I thought it would be a cute name for the little guy. Recently I realized that there is a good chance Thor is a girl hahaha but I am going to keep the name anyways. :p

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aceyourface":1tgtuuur said:
Thor was pretty small when I got him/her. But I knew bearded dragons got big and beefy when they got older. I had just seen the Thor movie and so I thought it would be a cute name for the little guy. Recently I realized that there is a good chance Thor is a girl hahaha but I am going to keep the name anyways. :p

Omg, love that signature..its adorable! How did u make it?

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Scrammy":e1k71cep said:
Aceyourface":e1k71cep said:

Omg, love that signature..its adorable! How did u make it?

Thanks! I made it in photoshop :)

czuber

Hatchling Member
I got into the HBO series Game of Thrones. In the show a young girl has three dragon eggs that were thought to be empty. at a point in the show she walks into to a fire pit with the eggs and the next morning she comes out unhurt with three baby dragons. The largest and Black one is named Drogon so I went with that. I seem to call him Drogo a lot though.

images.jpg

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
BaconBeardie":3fzsa70c said:
Well, Bacon is my favorite food. So it seemed like fate that my new little beardie would become Bacon the Beardie.

Just don't get tempted to eat him!

AmberC

Hatchling Member
I had my name picked out before I got him. Since they told me you can't accurately sex a dragon until they are older I picked a unisex name: Sasha. Turns out he's a boy! Although the vet tried to tell me he's a girl (Thanks guys for teaching me how to tell!) Ps. I don't go to that vet anymore!

WyattEarp

We were visiting Tombstone when our kids showed us the bearded dragon in the Reptile Museum. From that day on they begged and begged us to get them one. A year later...we got Wyatt Earp "from Tombstone"! It seemed to fit since that's where this adventure began.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom