How big is your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I always had the same problem but instead of putting them outside on the balcony, I put them in a 20 gallon tank inside a cabinet. We used to buy 1000 every 2 weeks, as we had 5 small dragons at the time. I hated the darned things. So when they all grew over 16" they were switched to supers & eat them to this day. I have 5 males, 4 yrs old to 9 yrs old & they go crazy over their supers, would eat them constantly if they had a chance. So I feel for anyone who has crickets. I switched to roaches instead, easy to clean up, no smell, and my Didi loves them. I have a small colony, and always have food as they reproduce like crazy. So that's how I solved the cricket problem. I still have to get a few for my gecko, but they mostly live in his cage, so I just make sure there's food & water for them to keep healthy for Rocco. Don't know if that helps. As for keeping them on your deck, just put something over them to keep them dry & they should be fine. As for winter, don't know what to do for that, they have to kept warm to live. Good luck

jings55

Hatchling Member
Thanks, Sweetiepie! :notworthy:

Some how, I will stick to the crickets for now-I am afraid of roaches by any name. We wil just order some crickets and see how it goes.

Thanks for the tip in the supers! Stryker has 5 more inches to go! :)

Jericho is 4 months old. 14 inches and 125 grams. seems a little light? he eats healthy, 2 meals a day of crickets as much as he will eat. up to 50-60 crickets a day on average. plus he eats some greens daily.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's not light for a 4 mo old! He's actually quite big. They tend to get their length, then really bulk up. Until he's 1 years old he's going to grow, grow, grow, grow! Sounds like he has a great appetite!

He is a little piggy. No problem eating at all. Thank you for letting me know. I was concerned he was a little skinny because hes getting longer but he is gaining no mass lol.

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
My little guy is 13 inches and 158g now at 3 1/2 months old..he is growing so fast.! And a hugeee eater :roll: is this normal.?? lmao

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
jings55... have you thought about breeding dubia roaches instead? It's really very easy & cost effective. I'll PM you some info as to not hijack this thread :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
mommiesgurl, yes it's absolutely normal for your beardie to have a huge appetite, this age is when she will be growing the most until she's a year old. So expect it, it's when she's not eating that it's a concern!

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
sweetiepie9":r21i9peu said:
mommiesgurl, yes it's absolutely normal for your beardie to have a huge appetite, this age is when she will be growing the most until she's a year old. So expect it, it's when she's not eating that it's a concern!

Well that's a great relief.! :lol:

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
ClydesGirl":i8x9moyy said:
Just got my new boy today. He was hatched in January (don't know the exact date), so about 7 months old, 16.5 inches from nose to tip, and 255g. I'm thinking he might be a little on the light side because he wasn't fed yesterday in preparation for his trip to me. I'll weigh him again in a day or two after he's had some greens and feeders.

It's been three weeks since I first got Bert and posted his original weight as 255g. I weight him today and he's up to 315g! He's also a little longer. He wouldn't really stay still enough for me to get an accurate measurement, but I'd guess he's about 17-17.5 inches now.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
maxwell is 3 and a half years old 20 inches from head to tail, and oh gosh im guessing about 750 grams he has not been to the vet in a while last time i was there he gained 50 grams in 3 months lol the vet was amazed i asked if hes too fat and she said nope if i can easily feel the beggining of the tail bone then hes fine hes going in next month with the best vet in our area so we should see what he clocks in at lol! i love my fat man

jings55

Hatchling Member
Hi! I just weighed and measured Stryker again and he is growing and putting on weight! :D Finally! He is 6 months, almost 3 weeks old and grew another 1/2 inch. He is now 11 1/2 inches and he gained 14 grams and is now at 83 grams!!! :blob5: He is "bulking up"!

We released our anoles and skink today back into the wild. Now we will be able to buy Stryker more worms & crickets!!! Still can't pin down hubby on mail ordering the crickets! :banghead:

My 1st photo of Stryker II when he was 3 1/2 months old 5/11/12
AllMyNewPhots034-1.jpg

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Yet another update. :)

Toothless weighed in today at 318.5 grams and 18.75 inches. Maybe he will slow down a bit.... maybe not Xp He takes up the majority of my arm now!

Here is a baby/current comparison!
(8 weeks)
IMG_1502.jpg

(18 weeks)
IMG_2831.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom