How big is your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
I know they grow up until 18 months old, and there are a few reports of a little growth spurt after that here. But how much do they grow after 12 months of age? Do they grow much? Do some stop growing by then? I'm wondering because I am really enjoying watching Helius grow. He is ten months old and I'm really hoping he does grow until 18 months of age.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My Sweetie grew an extra inch after 1 year old. Gabriel, who I rescued 3 mo ago has grown 1/2" since I got him, he's 18" long now. I've not known the others I've had to grow after 1 yr old. So you'll just have to measure at 2 yrs old & see!

jings55

Hatchling Member
Well, Stryker is growing-slowly but surely! He just turned 6 months on the 27th and he weighed in today at 58 grams (up 5 from 6 days ago) and 11 inches (up a 1/2 inch)! Maybe he's going to be tiny but mighty! :wink:

We removed everything from his tank today and let him get all those crickets that were hiding! And we took pics! Will have to figuire out photobucket eventually...

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Weigh and measure day!

19 inches and 510 grams (over a pound).
He was born Sept 1 (dont know exact day, so I picked one. I was told the end of august and beginning of Sept).

Since he never ended up to be a "good" red morph, I'm hoping at least that he'll keep growing some so I can get my big boy I dreamed off. Already got the "look" and head I wanted!

Now if we can just get him off of us. All he wants to do is snuggle and do NOTHING else. Its a rarity to get him to walk around the room to explore. Its just awful. He's a velcro lizard. And he's backwards! He has always has some stress marks while in his tank, but never when he is cuddling close with us or in the bath. And yup, everything checks out in the tank .. checked here with you guys a bit back.

jings55

Hatchling Member
That's great, Wolfy-but what do you mean by stress marks? Where are they and what do they look like?

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Ill post a picture after tomorow. on his belly and chest are light marks.. a pattern that looks like strings of these () . he normally has them most od the time. but when we hold him. or if hes in the bath. they go away and hes all white under there. are those stress marks? I just cant understand why they come and go like that. I think they are "normal" for "him" but im not sure

Amy2

Hatchling Member
I just weighed and measured Gizmo again. He is 16" long now and 185 grams @ 5 months old.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Weigh In for Toothless!
Today I weighed and measured my growing boy!

As of today, he is 4 months and 12 days.

The results..

266.6 grams! (From 214g on the 1st)

and 18 inches! (from 17 on the first)

This is exciting, as his parents are only 18 and 18.5 full grown! Yeek!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I told you Toothless is going to be huge, that is really long & heavy for a 4 month old, are you adding Miracle Grow to his food :lol: I'll be looking forward to seeing how big he is at 1 yr old!

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I know! If I hadn't held him myself at 8 weeks, a teeny lil thing- I would accuse myself of lying about his age! I wonder if he will slow down anytime soon- or just keep growing until he is a year!? Have you ever heard of a dragon exceeding 24 inches, or exceeding the length/weight of his parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom