How big is your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well that's such great news for Stryker, mealworms are just not good enough for beardies, I found out the hard way when I got my Sweetie 6 yrs ago; she loved them, but they didn't love her! So we went to crickets & when she got over 16" long superworms. I've heard phoenix worms are great for beardies, they're small, soft bodied & full of calcium, but crickets are good, too, as long as you feed them well.

It's such a treat to see such well-taken care of beardies. I just love all the pics. Having 5 adults males from 4 yrs old to 9 yrs old, it's great to see little ones again. And all of them will grow at different paces, so don't worry yourselves. You're all doing a GREAT job with all your babies!

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
Wow,alot of people have posted on here. Love it :blob8:

As of Thursday, Reptar is now 15 inches and 242 grams, and is almost 4 months (in 4 days) He is getting hugeeee.!

SeanFred

Hatchling Member
Just got a scale, Nero is 8 months old measuring 19.5 inches tipping the scale at 309 grams.

Not bad for a Petsmart runt.

jings55

Hatchling Member

Hi! Well Stryker finally made it the big times! I weighed him yesterday and he was 209 grams! :blob5: He turned 9 months on 10/27 and it's about time he's putting on weight! He is 15 1/2 inches long. I know he still has a long way to go! Can anybody else tell me what their similar aged dragons weigh?

I still don't have him on the right diet, but I'm doing the best I can. He gets either 50 small crickets or 50 small mealworms a night plus his salad.

I got him a nice yard of Artic Fleece at the Fabric Store to stay warm in. I choose lavender, because I'm still not sure if he's a boy or girl. Hope to visit the pet shop this weekend and have him sexed. I think he's a she...

jings55

Hatchling Member
Well, Stryker just turned One year old Sunday, 1/27/13 , his actual hatch date. :p I think he's pretty much at his full size, though he might get heavier. He weighed in today at 456 grams-including his tail! And I think that's the reason why he seemed so underweight all these months. He outgrew the scale and I wasn't takeing his tail into consideration! :banghead: The last couple of times I've weighed both parts seperately, as beast I could, and added them together. He is 17 1/8 inches long!

Oh, yeah, and he's definately a he! :lol:

It's been fun, keeping a record book and watching him grow! :love5:

StrykerAlmost1year.jpg

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Havoc was born on August 31/2012 and I got him Oct 31/2012. So he is now 1 year 6 months old. He is 21 1/2" long and weights 537 Grams.

Zach7

Hatchling Member
My Sheldon is 11 Inches, his weight is unknown. I have had him for a month and he was about 8-9 inches when I got him. :D

wmwelch

Sinclair is almost 7 1/2 months old, 17+ inches and 380 grams.
Pancakes is @ 13 months old, @15 inches and 372 grams (growth stunted due to improper care early on but he has definitely fattened up)
Tyger almost 7 months @15 inches 247 grams (up from 62 grams when I got him in early November)

Wendy

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Helius is now 18 months old. He seemed to top his length by 15 months of age. Hes 20 inches now and I think he's done. Hes like 649 grams.

But I think he's overweight for his size. I had him on a diet and got him to 600 grams. He was far more comfortable and active. I still had him on a diet then brilliant me decided to try hornworms. Well, they grew and were dying so fast I let him have some every day. I HATE waste ya know? And now he's huge again. I swear he gained it all back and then some in a week. :/ It takes much longer than that to have him loose weight without me feeling terrible and like I"m starving him. Stupid worms are dying and I'm "dying" to let him eat them lol. Such a bad mommy compulsion to over feed your pets geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom