Hornworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
discojan":7lg6ofyg said:
This all makes sense. Good news is that our girl went back to chasing crickets today, so now all these worms will be a yummy treat! thanks for all the feedback!

Good to hear!! Well the hornworms will definitely help to fatten her up, they do wonders! I swear my veiled chameleon grew by the day, in the last month or so, he has doubled in size by eating 2-3 hornworms per day.

discojan

Juvie Member
Wow, that's good to know. She's definitely been growing, as she's continued to shed throughout the process and is now nearly 19.5 inches, but her weight has stayed roughly around 280-290 or so, so we want her to fill out a bit! Veiled chameleons are so beautiful; I 've always wanted one, but I understand they don't like being handled much, si that true?

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
for the most part, yes that's true haha, but my male is an exception I guess haha he actually eats out of my hand and will go right up my arm when i put it near him. he's really laid back for a veiled, which is really weird haha my friends male veiled will literally try to bite your finger off
IMAG0172.jpg

discojan

Juvie Member
We got our hornworms and silkworms from coastal worms today. Our little girl preferred the silkworms; our big girl likes anything that moves!

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
I got a few questions about hornworms! :) firstly,i heard that beardies have to be roughly 17 inches long?is this correct?also, if i were to buy some online or offline,whats the cost from coastal including shipping,to canada? how many should i feed my beardie a day,or per feeding?

discojan

Juvie Member
I think it depends on the size of the worms and the size of the dragon. We ordered med. silkworms (about 1in long) and hornworms (currently about 3/4 -1 inch, though allegedly they will grow to 4 inches!).

You can go to their site and they will calculate shipping for you.

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Ugh i can't order anything offline because stupid Canadian shipping is like $25...my $30 reptisun turned up to be a nice $55 gone...bye bye christmas money,zilla enjoys his crix,perhaps their store also has hornworms or silk worms :)

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
you can feed them according to size of the worm. i feed my hatchling dragons tiny baby hornworms. i just got 450+ ranging from a couple days old to 1" or so. plus I have moths that hopefully will be laying eggs in the next day or so :D

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
Not necessarily easy, but not very hard. The food is pretty expensive, and you need live tomato plants and nectar for the moths to eat, and an enclosure for them too.

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
Just ordered from coastal silk it was 20 buck for one container and shipping. Now I am new to hornworms and my understanding is that they r to be used as a treat. 2per day max. Everyone says they grow fast how fast are we talking about? Also can I pick them up by hand? I hear they can bite.

Thanks
Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom