Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I recently Got a Beardie about 6 days ago (excited) and I found some very good information from This site, so I thought I would sign up! Thanks In advance for the Answers to the questions I will most Likely Ask!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there :wave:, welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new baby. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. But, you have to remember, we love pictures. :p

ReptileFan

Original Poster
I will try to get some pics up , but can you help me with a problem? its "Relocated Stress???" welll thats the thread name

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Hello and welcome!!!!!! I also agree pictures!!!! As for the relocation stress give it time a few days your baby should come around!! You can try to put a shirt that you just wore in the cage that way your baby will pick up you scent. Although I never had any luck with that its worth a shot!! Try holding him and spending some time with him.. Just my 2cents...

Lance

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hello & Welcome to BD.org!
And......
:blob8: Congratulations! :blob8:

I too look forward in seeing pic's. :wink:

A beardie goes thru relocation stress when you make any changes to it's environment...let alone a new home. This normally lasts days to 2 weeks in some cases. During this time a beardies appetite may not be so great...might not even poop for a couple of days. Once your new beardie becomes comfortable in his/her new home you will have a little eating machine on your hands an then your beardie will begin to trust you. :wink: Heck maybe I should ask if you got a baby, juvie, or adult beardie?

Beardiemommy137

Hatchling Member
Hello and welcome!!!! Sounds lime you are having fun already!! Glad to hear it!! Hope you enjoy the site. Everyone here is awesome and full of information. Feel free to ask anything!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
He is probably growing as we speak :lol: being he is a juvie. Beardies do most of their growing during the first year. They grow up fast! Take a measurement now and then take one in a couple of weeks you will probably be amazed. If you have a scale take his weight too record the measurements so you have something to refer to when you do it again.

How long is he now from tip of nose to tip of tail?

ReptileFan

Original Poster
He/She is currently 6.5 inchs and i got Him/Her exactly 1 week ago, I will do my best to Get some pics up!

edit* actually about 7 inchs She/He was Curled up a lil

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello again, I was going to respond to your stress related questions, but looks like it was already addressed with some great info. If anything else pops up, let us know.

ReptileFan

Original Poster
O yeah Forgot To mention My name is Tyler, Nice to meet you all!
And my Beadries Name Will be Girl-Sophia.. Male-Rex

Here Are some pictures Of Her/Him, Not a good Camera :eek: And can you tell me if he Looks Healthy? Thanks In advance

100_2728.jpg

100_2730.jpg

100_2734.jpg

^^stress lines oN belly i was talking about. They got darker after Pictures :(

100_2750.jpg

100_2756.jpg

100_2758.jpg

^^ His Little Head and favorite Stick

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a real cutie. He does have a little belly already. 8) What brand & type of UVB are you using? Be sure to keep him well hydrated as babies can get dehydrated very quickly. What are the tank temps and what type of thermometer are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom