Hey I'm a complete beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I have a 2 of questions!
1.where's the best place to get a package deal for all the stuff you need to take care of a beardie?

2.how many beardies can you have in one cage?

Trust me I will have more TRUST me!

Jess

Extreme Poster
1. You can't really get a good "starter kit" kind of thing, they are all pretty much major rip-offs that give you the wrong supplies anyways. Check Craiglist to see if someone is selling a beardie set-up, their extra tanks, or reptile supplies. You can get all sorts of stuff there for really cheap. And for UVB lights and other things, www.petmountain.com has great prices.

2. One beardie per tank, period. They are not social, and in most cases they end up fighting or killing each other.

And welcome to BD.org! :D

rogerrabbit

Original Poster
Okay I will search craiglist and stuff!!

Okay is there a list somewhere where I can get all the necessities? So I can down a checklist?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Hmm, I don't know. I can make a quick one for you though:

~Cage (40 gallon breeder or larger)
~Substrate (Make sure it is non-particle... Read this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=132151 )
~Lighting:
-ReptiSun 10.0 UVB
-Fluorescent light fixture
-Basking lamp(s)
-Basking bulb
(Read this for lighting info: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=148006 )
~Digital thermometer w/ probe
~Decorations (Rocks, branches, hammocks, background ect)
~Food dish (Don't bother with a water dish, just bathe them instead)
~Repcal and Herptivite calcium and vitamins

rogerrabbit

Original Poster
Wow Jess thanks for all your help :) I will go down the line and get everything on it to be safe!! I think I need to read bait more to get everything straight on handling!!

rogerrabbit

Original Poster
@momwith2kiddos! Yeah it really is amazing! I can't believe how fast and helpful this was. I'm gunn a be spending more time on here for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom