Hey y'all! I'm new here

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Welcome! I read this post with tears in my eyes. I love how you immediately stepped in to care for your beardie in more ways than one. You are definitely in the right place and there are so many of us here to help. There are others you are helping as well, trust me.
Welcome to the family- Pogo is beautiful!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Which light did you end up going with?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It can go on top (your screen looked like wide hole in the pics). 12 to 15 inches from Pogo. If it's on top i would try to get closer to 12 inches than 15. If you can get your ubv light and basking light to over lap a little, that is the idea situation for the lights.

PogosMom2

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pogo
So totally confused now. I've got the T5. Its 24" so i can place it on the long side of my tank...correct? Do I still need the heat lamp? And which should go over the basking area?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The t5 is the uvb, the basking is for heat. You should have some kind of decor that Pogo can climb up on, place the basking directly over that decore. Pogo should like between 95 and 100 degrees temp in the basking. Try to situate the uvb so that it is on him in the basking area also. The uvb is needed so they produce vitamin d3 naturally, d3 is needed by their body to absorb calcium. It prevents metabolic bone disease. The basking is for food digestion, they can't process food correctly if they can't get up to temp. If you don't have room to make the light from each bulb overlap, you can setup 2 areas with decor and pogo should move between the two as needed. It's just less work for them if the light overlaps because they can get heat and uvb in one place. If you set up two different pieces of decor, make sure the distance between the top of the decor and the uvb is less than 15 inches.

PogosMom2

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pogo
Your welcome 🙂
This is what I’ve done. The new t5 is sitting right next to the other lamp, both pretty much over the basking area at 11-12 inches, depending on what rock he chooses. Comments welcome

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpeg
    IMG_0945.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0946.jpeg
    IMG_0946.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 64

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom