HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

23peterpai

My beardie was very energetic and cute but lately (she is still cute) but she has been lathargic and she refuses to eat even crickets ?. She also wants to sleep ALL day! Please help I don’t understand what’s wrong with her. ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
how old is she? Sounds like brumation - its that time of year -- you can read up on that on the right side of page under articles behavior and anatomy bearded dragon brumation-- lighting can be a cause of that as well -- her metabolism is slowing down so they arent going to eat as much during brumation -- take a look at that and if that doesnt help you can always ask more questions- Hiccup is 8 months old doing a lot of sleeping - eating very little - today I had to put him under running warm water cuz he hadnt been out to poop in 4 days -- that worked -- he went poo and ate a little bit --- some nurtigrubs one horn worm and 3 butter worms-- not interested in the dubias -- also another cause could be parasites / pin worms -- I took Hiccup to the vet a couple of weeks ago and he came back w / a low count of coccidia --no pin worms- hes healthy not showing any signs of being sick -- I chose not to give the meds they gave me as I was told the meds could do more harm than good and he wasnt showing signs of being sick so why create a problem --- they have natural coccidia in their intestine as I was told -- if you have more concerns you can always ask Tracie (Drache613) she can help you - I consulted her after i brought Hiccup home from the vet --- I had also stopped in to a store that breeds beardies and they also said same,thing but to get a second opinion -- so I did-- hope this helps---

23peterpai

Original Poster
Thanks, she has been digging a little, but last time she had eggs she was the very opposite. She is 3 & 1/2. Maybe it’s because of the cold. But she stays warm all day and we haven’t changed the lighting, so I will consult with a vet. Your post helped a lot thx!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long ago did she have eggs?
It does sound a lot like brumation but since she has laid eggs in the past it would be best
to be sure this isn't what's going on now & that she is ok. Did she have any trouble laying
them last time? Has her beard been dark at all or has she seemed restless?
If her weight is unchanged, for the most part then it is probably a general slowing down for
the season. Do you have a vet you can take her in to see for a checkup?

Tracie

23peterpai

Original Poster
She last laid eggs in the spring. She laid them just fine and she had no problems. She hasn’t had a dark beard and she just seames tired and lethargic but sometimes she does get up and move around for a little bit, she never seams restless. She has gained a little though not a lot. I actually have never been to a vet with her as I have only had her 5 months and she is 3 1/2 soooo, I don’t have a vet but I do know some where I live that take lizards so if I need to, I can take her to one. I am soooo glad you commented on my post you always have the best information! Thx!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome. :D
We have a great group here on the forum for sure.
How is your girl doing, still sleepy? So she has gained some weight then but isn't losing any?
Do you have pictures of her & the tank setup you could post for us? That always helps us so
we can see lighting placement, etc in her tank.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

23peterpai

Original Poster
Ok I will send some pics when I get the chance. She is still a little sleepy but we went to the park yesterday and she was REALLY hyper but today she’s calm again. And yes she has gained some but she hasn’t lost any. She’s doing great otherwise I fed her a hornworm yesterday and she LOVED it! Thx for your help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she had a nice time at the park, outdoors. The sunshine does them a lot of good
so at least she became more active & had a hornworm, also.
Pictures would be great, when you get a chance. I hope she is doing well.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom