help with handling plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slifer892

So basically my beardie jumps out only hand after 10 mins and I'm worried that he is going to hurt himself any tips? Please??? I'm really worried?

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
How old is your beardie? How long have you had him/her? Handling is something both owner and beardie have to learn together. Beardies are naturally curious and want to explore. Try taking you dragon into a room where you can let him roam. When they are really small, I like to use the bathroom. Once they get bigger, you can feel more comfortable letting them explore other rooms. Just always stay where you can watch them. Especially on couches, tables, window sills, etc. They like to play superman sometimes. :lol:

slifer892

Original Poster
He/she can not be more than a few months old. My beardie is only 5-6inches long. But he/she ate on the first day and eats plenty everyday. Thanks for the bathroom tip, I used it to do that with my iguana thanks again I start this again. One more time in the bathroom with my lizard lol. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pyffersnpaws

Juvie Member
Make sure when you have him out that your low to the ground. I hold mine towards my chest with my hand lightly over them to prevent the "suicide" jump. But if your low to the ground and he does manage to jump it won't be to far. Any problems getting him out of his enclosure or was it just after you've had him out for a bit... if it's the later he's probably getting restless. Try holding him for approx how long you know he normally stays calm for you and just work up the amount of time out of his viv slowly the more you go. Don't know if this will help, but it did help when I was taming one of mine.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
slifer892":tsxqd4qy said:
I'm sorry I can not follow this post anymore. I just need some help with handling

Help eh?? I think I can maybe "Shed" some light on this roflroflroflrofl

1. So first of all find something to handle.
2. Acquire handling target, scan surroundings for possible interferences.
3. CONFIDENTLY extend your hand towards the rear half of your target.
4. One hand should be used to grasp the upper half of the target, then firmly place it into your empty palm.
5. Grasp and hold target from the bottom.
6. Find dishtowel or Blanky.
7. Use free hand to wrap towel/blanky in a "burrito" like fashion
8. Enjoy handling beardie within his "burrito"

slifer892

Original Poster
Thank you and umm the reason I said I coud not follow the post is because a week or so a go. There were messages where people where arguing over I don't know. And that's why i said that lol. But thanks for the burrito idea I am going to use it tonight :D

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Do it!! They tend to feel pretty supported like that and it helps them relax. Also you can cover their eyes which calms them right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom