Gecko With Injured Tail!!!:( PLZ HELP!!!

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
My gecko was shedding about 3 weeks ago and he somehow injured his tail BAD. The bottom of his tail is really blue and red and looks really bad. I know I am posting in this in the beardie forums and I'm sorry, but I didn't really get any help in the geko forums. I am worried about my little guy. Please, if you know any tips, PLEASE tell me.
Thanks,
Hatchi

the.reptile-lady

Beardie name(s)
Peewee
I have had the exact same problem in the past! My little guy is 4 months and has had this happen to him thrice. I found that foraging materials for a homemade splint does just the trick. Try using popsicle sticks, toilet paper and love to tend to your little baby’s tail. If it doesn’t clear up after a couple months, take him to the ICU! If he starts crying, TAKE HIME IMMEDIATELY!!! ITS SO MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN YOU MIGHT THINK! A fancy gecko treat such as Temptations cat treats (TRUST ME) ease your little guy’s pain during his difficult time. Let me know if this works or if you have any more questions!

- The Reptile Lady (mama to my 18 reptiles ❤️🦎)

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
I have had the exact same problem in the past! My little guy is 4 months and has had this happen to him thrice. I found that foraging materials for a homemade splint does just the trick. Try using popsicle sticks, toilet paper and love to tend to your little baby’s tail. If it doesn’t clear up after a couple months, take him to the ICU! If he starts crying, TAKE HIME IMMEDIATELY!!! ITS SO MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN YOU MIGHT THINK! A fancy gecko treat such as Temptations cat treats (TRUST ME) ease your little guy’s pain during his difficult time. Let me know if this works or if you have any more questions!

- The Reptile Lady (mama to my 18 reptiles ❤️🦎)
Thank you so much for the reply. I am worried about my baby, so getting replies really helps! Cat treats, huh? Never would have thought about that. Thanks for all the help.
Thanks,
Hatchi

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry about your gecko's tail. Do you have any pictures you could post for us?
How did he injure his tail, possibly during his shed? That does happen sometimes. Is it a raw &
open wound or broken, etc?

Tracie

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Hello,

Sorry about your gecko's tail. Do you have any pictures you could post for us?
How did he injure his tail, possibly during his shed? That does happen sometimes. Is it a raw &
open wound or broken, etc?

Tracie
Hello there. Thanks so much for your reply. I can't post a pic, but I can describe it for you. The bottom of his tail is super red and blue and it hasn't healed at all. he does not seem to be in pain, and if he drags his tail across something, it does not seem like the "wound", if you can even say that, hurts.
Thanks,
Hatchi

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Hatchi,

The wound will definitely need some treatment though so it doesn't get infected. You can use some
antibiotic ointment or silver gel on it, to help out with healing.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom