Help! Need to hide Bella from landlord!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. If you rent a dwelling you are responsible for the damage. So if the landlord wants to make unreasonable demands for no living pets, even if risk of damage is neligible (such as kept in glass tank) then what is the harm in putting tank and beardie in car and taking to work during scheduled visits.

When my mom died I inherited her cat. Landlord hates cats. So she goes in the closet if they come here. When I asked about their policy they said cats have a smell you can't get rid of. Funny they have never smelled her :). Oh well if I move before the 10 year life of carpet is up I will pay to replace it. If they see her and want to give me a 30 notice that is their problem. I pay my rent. I take care of the place. But I find it absurd they think a pet could potentially cause more damage then a kid. So until the problem needs to be addresses I say keep it out of sight. Most will look the other way rather than cause a problem.

But then I also don't agree with needing sparkling credit to rent a place. I mean seriously?! The rent is the first thing I always pay.

Oniko

Preeeeeeeeeeetty sure humans do way more damage to properties than any animal could. I've seen HORRENDOUS rentals and it wasn't pets that made it that way.

And brittnay quoted my 'that's terrible' post I see. Don't misquote me and make it seem I agree with you. It was terrible for the landlord to give a crap about a lizard that primarily lives in a glass tank.

Antagonistic people shouldn't be on this forum, it's one of the last places that isn't filled with trolls and *****s :p

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
Hmmm... dissenting opinions not welcome, in other words? Your opinion is welcome but rudeness is not allowed on this site at all, so some phrases have been removed from your answer. This is a PG 13 site. Please read our policies. Added by moderator
Well, here's my take on this.
My momma taught me this: as long as you are living under my roof, you will do what I say.
Just about anything can be justified by saying, "well, I think it's absurd to have to do that, so I'm going to do this instead". Well frankly, I think it's absurd that I have to pay real estate and property taxes year after year, when I already own the real estate and property. It's like I'm buying it again and again and again. Ridiculous! Well, them's the rules, I own the property, and what I say GOES on my property.
Uncalled for comment removed. Added by moderator

It is one thing to have a different opinion and voice it respectfully.

It is a completely different thing to voice an opinion filled with name calling and bad mouthing of people who have voiced a different opinion.

To me, the last post was about drawing lines between those in a position to make the rules and those who can't afford to own their own home or even get a rental that allows dragons.

This thread is about doing what is best for our dragons within our ability. It is clearly stated the dragon was a rescue. Bashing someone who chooses to hide their dragon in order to provide a safe environment, as long as they are willing to cover any damages, is uncalled for. It is ignoring the issue to insight an arguement.

And the last time I checked property tax is collected to provide and maintain county services like police, fire protection, schools and utilities. Shouldn't property owners contribute to maintaining the pipes that bring water to their property?

nmcnick

Wow, very interesting replies to say the least. I'm very glad this worked out for you, and for those who say you shouldn't be hiding a pet from a landlord, sometimes it is the only way. Parents forcing their children's reptiles out with them when they go to college at times, and many-a-time people living in apartments have this issue as well. As for the decision for college students, it is much harder when you are in their position. Being robbed of a pet because of a parent's decision as well as overall ignorance of reptiles is very sad. Many don't realize how clean and quiet reptiles are in retrospect to animals like birds, cats, and dogs. A bond with an animal you have had for 4 years is as strong, or, in some cases stronger than family bonds. This means its hard to let a policy persuade you to get rid of this bond. I totally respect all opinion on this thread, however, just giving my two-cents. It just feels more wrong to me to get rid of an animal because of a policy than to keep them for the bond and unconditional love, the kind you can only feel from a pet. But, whatever you believe is truly OK with me, I have respect for your opinion.

Sorry for getting off-topic. Anyway, good luck with the landlord in the future. Glad it worked out!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Oniko":97vfyer4 said:
Preeeeeeeeeeetty sure humans do way more damage to properties than any animal could. I've seen HORRENDOUS rentals and it wasn't pets that made it that way.

And brittnay quoted my 'that's terrible' post I see. Don't misquote me and make it seem I agree with you. It was terrible for the landlord to give a crap about a lizard that primarily lives in a glass tank.

Antagonistic people shouldn't be on this forum, it's one of the last places that isn't filled with trolls and ***** :p

I quoted that a long time ago. Since then I have changed my view on this 100%. If you have to hide your pet from the landlord then do it. I had to do it. I dont think we should judge people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom