Help! Need to hide Bella from landlord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Hello,

I received a notice that my landlord will be in my apartment tomorrow to do a brief inspection of the property. I'm not supposed to have any reptiles (that I remember anyway), the landlord allows fish and birds only. Does anyone have any sneaky ideas? I really love Bella and would hate for them to find out and then send an eviction notice. I have to be at work during the inspection. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I hate to say this but it is really horrible of you to have a pet without telling your landlord. It is lame for the pet and you. It is really not a responsible pet owner

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That was really rude. Especially without knowing the history and the circumstances of our situation. Thanks anyway for your response.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Fish and birds are allowed but not reptiles, what the heck? Fish tanks leak, birds are noisy and messy and reptiles are...? Interesting.

Is there a friend or family member who could take your beardie for the day? That's the only thing I can think of. You should also find out why your landlord doesn't allow reptiles but allows fish and birds. That is just strange.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
lovemylittleyoshi":1v6l3itc said:
That was really rude. Especially without knowing the history and the circumstances of our situation. Thanks anyway for your response.

Response deleted because it's argumentative. Added by moderator. Please stick to the original OPs request.

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Brittani,

I wasn't asking for your opinion or your advice on whether or not I should have a pet. I already have one, so your opinion is not needed. Also, the loving animal person that I am saved Bella when she had no where else to go and was near death. Would of it been more responsible for me to throw her in the dumpster? I'm willing to get evicted to save a beardie. I guess that shows my character and you know nothing about me except that you think I'm irresponsible, which is far from the truth. Please do not respond any further because, again, you are writing rude responses that do not apply to the advice that I was looking for on this discussion post.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
My landlord doesn't know about any of my reptiles, the dogs they do though. I would think that if they allowed other small animals they should allow reptiles. The way I look at it is they are not going to destroy the house so there shouldn't be a problem. Someone on here a while back had to hide a beardie and I think a friend took it for a day. Is that a possibility?

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Could you take your beardie to work with you? A day without lights isn't going to hurt your beardie as long as you don't feed her. You can hide the tank in a closet or something. If not, throw a sheet over the enclosure and put it in a corner with some decorations on top so it looks like a table.

If your landlord allows birds and fish, a reptile isn't far off. Was this something that was stated during move in? Could you talk to your landlord and maybe even pay a deposit to keep your beardie and not fear eviction?

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah that might work. I'm sure I could bring her to work, too. How long can she be without her lights and heat? I've taken her to places in the past, like the vet. If I can bring her to work for 3-4 hours, then that would be fine but I'm worried about her health.

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Randommonks,
Thank you so much! That was great advice... I will look into it. Also, I will bring her with me to work tomorrow and throw a sheet over her viv.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
She'd be fine for the duration while you're at work. I had a light bulb blow out on Darwin's tank and he was without heat for around 12 hours before I got a new bulb. Just don't feed unless you have about 3 hours for your beardie to bask to properly warm up and digest.

You're welcome and good job for saving Bella! :D

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her light usually comes on around 8:30am and I plan on bringing her to work with me at 9am. Will this be okay since her light will be off for the night and then bring her to work without light for another 4 hours or so? Should I let her warm up a bit before we leave in the morning?

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
She'll be fine either way. Beardies are incredibly hardy so don't stress too much about it. Make sure that wherever you keep her is very secure so you don't have a beardie hunt at work! If you keep her cold, she may just go back to sleep while you're working. Make sure she doesn't get too cold if it's freezing outside.

lovemylittleyoshi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have a little shoe box I'm going to put her in. It is cold out, about 30 degrees. So, I poked little holes on top of the box for when I walk in and out of work. I have my own office, so if I put her near my desk I think she will just sleep. I will either put her under my desk near my feet or on top of my desk in the corner. I'm not sure which will be more safe.. what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom