HELP BABYS KEEP DYING

Status
Not open for further replies.

missAmbettubde

Original Poster
Mistyck":jy3beve7 said:
Could be genetic disorders...

Plus, it is recommended to not slit open the eggs. If they don't make it out on their own, then they weren't meant to be.
above i was was not talking about me slitting open the eggs. they slit it open i think its "pipping"? like there about to pop there head out but no head comes out, i open them after i am 100% sure they did not make it, just to clear that up, it might have seemed confusing

missAmbettubde

Original Poster
i did some more research and i decided to get a poo sample done, i reaad that even healthy looking dragons could have parasites and since i got my "rescue" from somewhat poor living conditions. also cus i remember my bigest female being 350+ grams and now she is 300 and that kind of worries me.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
missAmbettubde":1wk0qlsh said:
i did some more research and i decided to get a poo sample done, i reaad that even healthy looking dragons could have parasites and since i got my "rescue" from somewhat poor living conditions. also cus i remember my bigest female being 350+ grams and now she is 300 and that kind of worries me.

I asked you that earlier in the thread...

Mistyck":1wk0qlsh said:
Did you even take him in for a fecal to see if he had parasites? Did you happen to take your females in for the same?

If he had parasites, then ALL your dragons could now have parasites, so yes, it's a good idea to take fecal samples (fresh) from all of them in.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
I believe it could have something to do with it, yes. If the adults aren't healthy, then the babies won't be healthy. Doesn't matter if they develop or not, if they never make it out of the shell there is a reason.

Trajega

Hatchling Member
Sorry if its a stupid question, but are they always caged together? Could have a stressed out mom / anemic eggs....

So what happened with the fecal sample? What have you concluded?

Great responses mystik. I would also agree with not breeding "rescues" no telling how bad the conditions got or what kind of genetic disorders they could have... "rescues" can be GREAT pets, but not breeders

missAmbettubde

Original Poster
fecal came back normal and my 2 clutches did great 100% success rate..as far as breeding a rescue this is my first time breeding so im not going to go out and buy an expensive animals if i dont even know i can do it or want to do it.....iv already heard it so no need to say it again so get off the "dont breed rescues" and look for the real issues i dont already know about!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom