Heat pads for dubia roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickmb21

Hatchling Member
Where can i find a heating pad for my dubia roach breeding that does not auto shutoff. i have already went to walmart and they only sell the kind that auto shutoff in 3 hours.

thanks, patrick :D

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Would a gardening store or gardening section of a store have heat mats? Or do those tend to be auto shutoff as well. :study:
If all else fails, I'm sure you can find them online though! :)

esn

Hatchling Member
Heat tape, heat cable, and ten gallon heat mats sold in the reptile section work just fine. I use cable.

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
I use a reptile heat pad with a thermostat for my glass breeder tank now, but I have in the past used a human heating pad. I always found the ones that don't shut off at the "cheap" stores, like the Dollar General. Amazon has a pretty wide selection also.

Brieana

Hatchling Member
There are tutorials online that demonstrate how to deactivate the auto off function on Sunbeam (wal mart) heat pads. It's pretty simple if you have a soldering iron. I do not, but I'm going to have to buy one if the tank doesn't stay warm. I live in an older house that has heated floors, so I'm hoping they'll be ok this winter.

Burra

Hatchling Member
I got a Sunbeam brand oversized heating pad without automatic shutoff from Amazon.com
Less than $20 shipped!

Burra

Hatchling Member
The link provided by beer hunter is the same heating pad I got. I keep it on low, works great!

czuber

Hatchling Member
I picked mine up From CVS 17.99 Per another poster somewhere on here. Been keeping my bin around 85 on med.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom