Head spot

Jelynnm

Beardie name(s)
Frances
Hoping to figure out if this is from rubbing in her hide...(I got rid of the hide and bought a bigger one ). Or if this is something else...

Attachments

• IMG20240417180100.jpg
    IMG20240417180100.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG20240417174842.jpg
    IMG20240417174842.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 25

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is strange looking. I don't think that is from rubbing on her hide though. How close is her basking
bulb to her?
How long has her head been looking this way?

Tracie

Jelynnm

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frances
Hello,

That is strange looking. I don't think that is from rubbing on her hide though. How close is her basking
bulb to her?
How long has her head been looking this way?

Tracie
Basking light is approximately 12 inches from her basking area I have a light stand that it is hooked on so it's not sitting directly on the cage and id say it's been there for maybe 2 weeks .. I thought she might be getting ready to shed ... She has been acting fine still active still eating and pooping daily. . some days it looks darker than others ...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is sometimes hard to tell online, just due to shadows etc, for determining skin issues. The light
shouldn't be too close to him to have inflicted a burn. It is most likely going to be the skin getting
ready to shed.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom