Hand washing?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
No matter what animal, I always wash ! This way no cross contamination and, it's just hygienic. I also keep some hand sanitizer by each enclosure and labeled which dragon, or reptile it goes with.
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I use it primarily to "freshen" up while working in that particular viv. I always wash hands before going to another viv, or animal.
Janie.

norbertbd

Hatchling Member
They say you should wash your hands after handling you lizard, each time. They carry salmonella, so you really want to make sure you wash good before handling your food.

norbertbd

Hatchling Member
You should be able to use hand sanitizer. But I think you'll find if you use that a lot each day you may get very dry hands. It's full of alcohol. You might be better off using a antibacterial hand soap if your concerned about the salmonella.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Sk8indragon":f984b said:
Stupid Q but can it kill me? and I'm a kid I could care less about dry hands. LOL

It won't kill you, but it can make you really sick. I got salmonella from Jasper once, and it was totally my fault. I was holding him, petting him and eating popcorn with the same hand. I picked up salmonella and was really sick for about a week. Trust me, this is not something you want to experience. Extremely painful abdominal cramping, constant vomiting... it's a lot easier to just wash your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom