Ground turkey??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reason why my bearded dragon cant eat ground turkey?? I looked at the ingedients and there was not much fat or anything in it. :dontknow:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Well that is the problem, there is really nothing in it. It is just a filler and and not beneficial in there body's. They don't eat turkey in the wild so why would you want to feed it now? I say better safe then sorry. The baby food turkey is fine. Just my 2cents.

bluesoda025

Hatchling Member
Twobeardieguy":143fd said:
Well that is the problem, there is really nothing in it. It is just a filler and and not beneficial in there body's. They don't eat turkey in the wild so why would you want to feed it now? I say better safe then sorry. The baby food turkey is fine. Just my 2cents.
Sorry, but you said they don't eat turkey in the wild, so why would feeding baby food turkey be a good idea either? And how is it different from the ground turkey, besides the fact that it's not raw? That seems contradictory to me, unless I'm missing something here..

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Turkey baby food would be fine as a protein replace if a dragon is not eating well on it's own. Not as a staple. And, it is quite different from ground turkey, even cooked. Although a dragons intricated digestive tract can process it, it is far from being as nutritious as feeders like dubia roaches, supers or even crickets. Their bodies don't absorb enough nutrients from it for it to be beneficial as a staple food source. Plus, feeding any ground poultry can introduce salmonilla to your dragon. Yes, many reptiles carry salmonilla at small levels, but beardeds tend to carry very little if any. Poultry is not a normal, staple food source for dragons in the wild, bugs are. Their digestive system is quite intricate and geared towards the digestion of greens and insects.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Thank you Sandy! I was getting here to answer but you beat me to the punch. :wink: So as I said before better safe then sorry! :D

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Welcom Lance! I agree. I don't feed anything that could possibly cause problems for my dragons. I tend to be very cautious and research everything. My dragons (all 4 of them) get the most nutritious feeders (dubias as a staple and supers and silks as a semi-staple) and greens/squash. That way I know that my dragons are as healthy as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom