Going to the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a vet appointment tomorrow. A got some poop in a bag for the vet. Hoping there might be a clear solution. Oh Im in Dallas for a while... So if any meets and greets would be awesome.

dathrillwill

Original Poster
Well the vet went alright... He could tell they weren't eating. But he added that they were dehydrated. I was confused because Im always spraying them with water and bathing them. However he said leave them in some water for about 20 min. instead of the 3-5 minutes I usually do. I gave them some stool samples but I haven't heard back about it.

So Mink is our shorter BD but she is 8.3 grams but she is shorter, but she does eat more. X-oshi is longer but only 8.0 grams. Of course he eats less. He also explained to me that no matter how hard I try, even though I provide everything for them... FTT can still happen. I told him that's the reason why Im here. I really don't want my first BD's to inevidently pass. So, I got some powder food for them, he showed me how to force feed them. So, I will keep trying for the next 2 weeks and see where we are at.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sorry they're not eating. :( That's always stressful; Budo had a severe parasitic infection when he came to me and wasn't eating.

I hope they feel better soon!

Keep me posted!

Maya

dathrillwill

Original Poster
So the medicines that I will start Mink and X-oshi on is Sulfamethoxazole-TMP DS and Fenbendazole (Panacur®). Hopefully this will bring them to be like all the other dragons and start devouring everything in sight.

The vet told me to treat both dragons with the same medicines.

The pinworm count was 11-30 and the coccidia count was 3-10. So, hopefully this is going to bring those numbers to a acceptable range.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Panacur is great; have used it for the snakes as well as Budo. I noticed changes within the day. Budo always ate the most on days when he'd had his Panacur. I hope it works well for your babies, too!

I do not remember what I gave Budo for coccidia, but it was not Sulfamenthoxazole. Tell me what you think of it.

Have you tried babyfood? When Budo's having a bad day in terms of eating, I can usually get him to take some butternut squash babyfood from a syringe. You can also get turkey and chicken babyfood if you're at all worried about their protein. Just make sure it's Gerber or another brand that doesn't add any artificial flavoring, colors, or preservatives. Horn worms are also great for getting their feeding response going, and to get a bit of fat on their bones. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom