Gaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Zoey ate quite a bit today I believe I overfed her and since she has eaten I have noticed her gaping even in her sleep right now.

3 crickets ( 1 of them was large on an accident)
3 Dubai’s
1 horn worm

HELP!!!!!

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
She usually sleeps in her sleeping bag but is asleep on her hammock instead

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 108

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
S
Ok the gaping is her adjusting her body temp- usually--- how long did she do this for?

She did it all night. I just checked on her on my break and she was back to normal breathing without gaping. But right after I fed her she started again. She is eating like I am starving her 😬😬😬

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
S

She did it all night. I just checked on her on my break and she was back to normal breathing without gaping. But right after I fed her she started again. She is eating like I am starving her 😬😬😬
Not sure what is going on here --- we need to have AHBD address this and see what she thinks
@AHBD

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
As soon as I had put her food in there she flew off her hammock like it was her last meal
What are you feeding her? Insects and how many? The 3 of each is that all she eats are you feeding any salads? She should be eating more insects how old is Zoey?

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
What are you feeding her? Insects and how many? The 3 of each is that all she eats are you feeding any salads? She should be eating more insects how old is Zoey?
Zoey is roughly 3 months she gets 3 crickets 3 Dubai’s and romaine lettuce daily. 2 days a week I’ll add yellow, orange, or red bell peppers to her salad and then 2 days I’ll add strawberries or blueberries to her salad.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Zoey is roughly 3 months she gets 3 crickets 3 Dubai’s and romaine lettuce daily. 2 days a week I’ll add yellow, orange, or red bell peppers to her salad and then 2 days I’ll add strawberries or blueberries to her salad.
Are you limiting the dubias and crickets? She should be eating way more insects- insects should be no bigger than the space between her eyes length wise- dubias around 10 15 crickets 20 25- she should be eating 2 times per day - offer her insects 2 times per day dusting the insects ONCE per feeding w/ calcium d 3 5 x per week and vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding- it's good she's eating salad I will post a website for nutrition but your dragon is not getting enough to eat - I would get her on roaches totally and order them online I will post a website for insects and worms- you can set up a 10 gallon aquarium and order 200 roaches feed them dubia food w/.dubia dew they can also eat carrots squash raw sweet potato they aren't hot on greens feed them at nite so when you feed her in the morning they are good and gutloaded --- www.dubiaroaches.com - get her some medium super worms and feed 1-3 every other day on top of her salads--- bsfl are a good staple feeder- order large and DO NOT dust them they are calcium enriched --- www.symtonbsf.com you will need a ceramic or glass bowl add those to the top.of her salads in front of her- feed as many as you want a great compliment to her main staple feeder -- I will get a nutrition website posted for you
Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder

Last edited:

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
Are you limiting the dubias and crickets? She should be eating way more insects- insects should be no bigger than the space between her eyes length wise- dubias around 10 15 crickets 20 25- she should be eating 2 times per day - offer her insects 2 times per day dusting the insects ONCE per feeding w/ calcium d 3 5 x per week and vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding- it's good she's eating salad I will post a website for nutrition but your dragon is not getting enough to eat - I would get her on roaches totally and order them online I will post a website for insects and worms- you can set up a 10 gallon aquarium and order 200 roaches feed them dubia food w/.dubia dew they can also eat carrots squash raw sweet potato they aren't hot on greens feed them at nite so when you feed her in the morning they are good and gutloaded --- www.dubiaroaches.com - get her some medium super worms and feed 1-3 every other day on top of her salads--- bsfl are a good staple feeder- order large and DO NOT dust them they are calcium enriched --- www.symtonbsf.com you will need a ceramic or glass bowl add those to the top.of her salads in front of her- feed as many as you want a great compliment to her main staple feeder -- I will get a nutrition website posted for you
Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
So either 10-15 roaches a day or 20-25 crickets a day or a mixture of both? Oh my poor baby and I’m over here thinking I over fed her. She is being underfed so she’s chowing down. Okay great to know I will definitely feed her someone more tonight

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So either 10-15 roaches a day or 20-25 crickets a day or a mixture of both? Oh my poor baby and I’m over here thinking I over fed her. She is being underfed so she’s chowing down. Okay great to know I will definitely feed her someone more tonight
Roaches usually 10 -15 at one sitting --- depending on what else shes eating in the first feeding will determine how much she eats at a second feeding --- if your feeding both its hard to say how many she eats at one time I can only go by the roaches because that and the BSFL was what I fed mine as babies -- NO crickets -- the BSFL I fed about 20 on top of the salads then after the feeding I would feed the roaches and Blaze ate about 10 15 of those I also fed silk worms 1-3 another good staple feeder and butter worms 2-3 as well those were / are a treat worm - but those were all different time periods as I didnt have all of them in the house at the same time and I also fed horn worms again all at different times depending on what I had on hand -- w/ that being said Blaze usually filled up and ate very little in the second feeding by the time he was 4-5 months old he quit eating the second feeding -- they will quit eating when they are full or most do I should say -- evidently Blaze was full still from breakfast I tried feeding him around 3 or so and he wasnt hungry --
here is a website for silk worms and roaches and super worms -
www.reptilaianarts.com cup silks come w/ food - bulk come w/ no food you would need to order it
dubia roaches has good horn worms -- if you order small they come really tiny and not able to feed yet at this time I am having to grow mine out so if you order a low amount the medium ones she should be able to eat them they are a soft hydrating worm and grow really fast --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom