First time owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
beautifulbeardies":15323jiw said:
ClydesGirl":15323jiw said:
I use organic, alcohol-free baby wipes for spot cleaning poop.

Thanks I might try those out for spot cleaning.The only reason why I don't want to use crickets is that they freak me out :shock: That's why I wanted to use wax worms and phoenix worms :D

I hear you about the crickets. I have a paralyzing fear of bugs. I remember one time there was a bee in my apartment and an I literally sat frozen on the couch for TWO HOURS watching it fly around and keeping my eye on it until my roommate came home and killed it. I really did mostly get over it with the crickets though. I'd still freak out if I actually had to touch one or one touched me, but I engineered a whole hands-free process for dealing with them. I see on here all the time about people with their dubia roach colonies and just the idea of it freaks me out like you would not believe. I got over crickets, but I don't think I would ever be able to get over roaches!

beautifulbeardies

Original Poster
So I went to petco I was looking at the beardies and they looked like they just hatch two days ago they were so cute and tiny :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:.Then I looked at foods they only had meal worms,wax worms, crickets,and super worms. I was surprise that they didn't had phoenix worms :cry: .So I guest I have to use wax worms and super worms. :|.My question is super worms okay to feed to baby bearded dragons :?:

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Only micro superworms can be fed to young dragons and I don't think it would be a good idea to even feed those to babies that are THAT small. You can order worms online though, so you should do that in preparation for bringing your little guy home. And you'll probably want to continue doing that because it will be significantly cheaper and there will be a much higher survival rate. Sometimes those cups of worms at the pet store have been there for weeks and you're lucky to find half the worms alive when you open it up.

beautifulbeardies said:
Thanks nbrinkley15 I wasnt gonna feed me beardie crickets because they freak me out :shock: I was gonna feed him/her phoenix worms and a little bit of wax worms :D[/

phoenix worms are okay, I guess. They still have a higher fat content than crickets. Wax worms are even higher in fat than phoenix worms. Just make sure to buy small worms for your small lizard!

beautifulbeardies":injnuqjx said:
So I went to petco I was looking at the beardies and they looked like they just hatch two days ago they were so cute and tiny :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:.Then I looked at foods they only had meal worms,wax worms, crickets,and super worms. I was surprise that they didn't had phoenix worms :cry: .So I guest I have to use wax worms and super worms. :|.My question is super worms okay to feed to baby bearded dragons :?:

'phoenix' is the brand name and you can only buy them at phoenixworms.com. Other websites that sell live reptile food may also sell them; check out premiumcrickets.com. There may be a select few pet stores who sell them, but only those stores that specialize in reptiles, namely lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom