Finn, Venus and Jupiter: New beardie baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro is my first bearded dragon and I brought him home on the 27th. He came from an individual that was not giving him the proper care: No uvb, feeding mealworms, sand, UTH instead of basking light, etc. They had been misinformed by a pet store employee (big surprise there). I wanted to start this thread so I and everyone else can watch Spyro as he grows.

About me: My name is Lindsey, I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome and she a happy little girl that teaches me something new everyday. I have a 4 year old boy named Garrett that shares my love of animals and he loves Spyro as much as I do. I have 3 dogs: Remington(Remi) is a 1 1/2 year old boxer, Tucker is my shihtzu mix, and the mighty Kujo, a toy poodle weighing in a 4.5 lbs. I also have 3 leopard geckos: Venus, Loki, and Thor. I am attending school full time to become a surgical tech. My life is chaotic, but that's the way I like it.

Now back to Spyro, this is the day I brought him home( I am sure a lot of you have seen these pics in the intro section, sorry I will have new ones up soon) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7nq20v9w6su94/2012-12-27 16.40.01.jpg

His new home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m94hjux9v2621v0/2012-12-28 20.31.56.jpg

A couple of him just being cute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrb0e1uzzj09y2/2012-12-28 10.18.35.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenofusv6z8hmwz/2012-12-28 14.03.38.jpg

I will update every once in a while with new pictures. When I got him he was in shed.... and still is. I am getting impatient to see this guy brighten up!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, Jupiter is huge :shock: Glad she's doing so well. Her colours just pop & love that tail :D

So Finn is doing that again, wonder why he thinks that's a good thing to do? They are so funny sometimes with what they figure is fun :lol:

Wow Thorn has a great belly going on there. I'm so glad he's a good eater. So is Ariel, I just weighed her and she's up to 226g from 185 2 weeks ago! It's great to have a dragon with a great appetite. I pick up 500 crickets today and I'm glad you think it's a good deal. I'm charged 10 cents a crickets under the 500 but if I buy that many it goes down to 4 cents each. Plus I share some with a friend who has leopard geckos, they get worms but like crickets, too. So I get a bit of the $ back, which helps.

I'm so glad your ex is so great with the kids. So helpful to know that he's there to take them when you're working the 12 hr shift. I figured you were making a good salary, that time you went through school was tough but so worth it. Look at you now!

I'll be fine, I also have a strict budget, write everything down and I'm always up to date on all my bills, which aren't many. I just have to make sure I keep my car on the road. Having my brother Richard as my mentor helps and I have wonderful mechanics. They're all friends of my brother's and know their stuff. They don't overcharge or do anything that I don't know about or approve. My car is 11 yrs old but has a very clean engine, it's the only car I'll ever have and I love her, she's such a good car :lol: Like having another pet, have to treat her right :lol:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, Jupter has probably doubled in size since I've had her

Finn is just ridiculous when it comes to his cage... He will leave his hammock alone for weeks and then all of a sudden he will paw at it and knock it down and then everytime I fix it he will knock it down again. I also tried to move the log to the corner as it is really too small for him but he seems to enjoy climbing on it and he scoots it back in the middle everytime. I try to rearrange his tank and he has a fit so I guess it will just stay the way it is. Jerk lol

I love Thorn's belly as well. He is a great eater, he even eats most if not all of his salad... which is crazy for how young he is... Finn still doesn't like his salads.

All the school was definitely worth it, not just for the pay but I really love what I do!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's always best when you love your job! I'm so glad it all worked out for you!

Finn is so funny. Nathaniel has a 1/2 log that I find all over the place in his tank. But I'm not allowed to move the big log (it was Lonzo's), it is his basking spot, he sleeps beside it. I sometimes have to move it to get newspaper out (he always poops away from his big log) but I have to put it back exactly like it should be or he has a fit! I bought him a brand new $35 basking resin thing and he's really only pooped on it. Oh well, at least he doesn't poop on his big log :lol:

I have to hand feed Gabriel and Leo their greens or they'd never eat any. Puff, Nathaniel and Ariel eat out of their dishes & they all cleaned out their greens today, so that was good to see.

I can see that Jupiter has grown tons. Well done! And I love Thorns belly, he's going to be growing lots, too.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thorn finally shed his head. My little red dragon, he is so colorful. Looks like now his tail is getting ready to shed. I forgot how babies are constantly shedding.

Since Finn got his new reptisun he has been bouncing off the walls in his cage. I love to see him have so much energy. Can't wait for it to be warm enough to be outside. But for now we have about 8 in of snow :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The snow will disappear at some point, but your winter sure has been going on for a long time.

Glad Finn is enjoying the new light, it's amazing the energy level, especially since for him it's Spring Fever time!

And Thorn is ever more red under his shed? Wow, can't wait until he does his whole boby to see what his colours are then. And yes, continuous shedding. Ariel and Nathaniel have shed their eyes so far & Nathaniel shed a bit of his beard and his mouth, that's all so far.

Puff has done with eggs and is now flirting again, the little hussy. I'm so hoping she'll not do a 5th clutch, can't wait to get her fixed.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
The new light and spring fever has proven to be an interesting combination, lol. I will try to snap a couple pictures of Thorn since his head shed and show you how bright he is, and I was right, his tail and legs are next for a shed, I can't wait for a body shed either.

Well the new puppy came home and my son came in with the deciding vote, her name is Buffy. I will get some pictures up of her soon too. I have already got the judgement from my mom but oh well. :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Don't worry Lindz, about the judgement of your mom, you have to live your life your way, that's all that matters. My mom has comments about alot of things I do, I just smile at her and ignore the comments, we're just very different and that's as it should be.

I'm glad you got Buffy home, bet she's going to keep your boxer on his toes!

I'll be looking forward to seeing Thorn's pictures! Sounds like he's going to be in shed constantly, but that's healthy for a growing boy.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ok here she is, this is literally the best pictures I have of her because she will not hold still!

With my boxer Remi

Here is Mr.Finn

My little red dragon!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Those pictures came out so well, love the one with Buffy and your Boxer. And Finn is such a macho man :lol: Thorn sure is red, he just pops. And I can see clearly that he's got leatherback in him, for sure. Such a beautiful crew you have!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am ready to get some pictures of Thorn outside because those pictures don't do him justice at all, he is such a handsome guy. Finn is definitely in charge around my house :roll: I just fixed his hammock this morning as you can see, that didn't last long. JERK! I just fed them both roaches and they gobbled them down. Found a guy locally that gives me a good deal on them so I can feed them some while my colony builds up.

Remi is still trying to decide if Buffy is a snack or not lol.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Aw hello Buffy! She's a cutie!

Remi isn't sure what she is huh?
Our oldest dog doesn't like our 6
month old, he keeps biting her on the neck.
I know what it means but he's annoying her.

Hopefully Remi gets on with Buffy.

Thorn is very red I love it! Hope he continues.
Finn is just a big boy isn't he? Such cute dragons.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Remi is doing pretty well with Buffy, he hasn't played too rough yet or anything. She should fit in just fine with the rest of my zoo!! :lol:

I do have some handsome dragons, I just love my boys.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad Remi is doing well with Buffy, won't be long until she's almost his size anyway. They grow so quickly. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Thorn, I know my camera doesn't do justice to any of mine and they aren't as colourful as yours is.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Holy cow! My little red dragon is 105grams!! I can't believe that! I managed to get some pics that show his color better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom