Finn, Venus and Jupiter: New beardie baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro is my first bearded dragon and I brought him home on the 27th. He came from an individual that was not giving him the proper care: No uvb, feeding mealworms, sand, UTH instead of basking light, etc. They had been misinformed by a pet store employee (big surprise there). I wanted to start this thread so I and everyone else can watch Spyro as he grows.

About me: My name is Lindsey, I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome and she a happy little girl that teaches me something new everyday. I have a 4 year old boy named Garrett that shares my love of animals and he loves Spyro as much as I do. I have 3 dogs: Remington(Remi) is a 1 1/2 year old boxer, Tucker is my shihtzu mix, and the mighty Kujo, a toy poodle weighing in a 4.5 lbs. I also have 3 leopard geckos: Venus, Loki, and Thor. I am attending school full time to become a surgical tech. My life is chaotic, but that's the way I like it.

Now back to Spyro, this is the day I brought him home( I am sure a lot of you have seen these pics in the intro section, sorry I will have new ones up soon) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7nq20v9w6su94/2012-12-27 16.40.01.jpg

His new home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m94hjux9v2621v0/2012-12-28 20.31.56.jpg

A couple of him just being cute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrb0e1uzzj09y2/2012-12-28 10.18.35.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenofusv6z8hmwz/2012-12-28 14.03.38.jpg

I will update every once in a while with new pictures. When I got him he was in shed.... and still is. I am getting impatient to see this guy brighten up!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So in unrealated to beardies news: I got to see an amazing surgery today! A TRAM (Transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous) flap procedure! It is where they reconstruct breast from abdominal tissue, muscle and skin, (usually in women who have had mastectomy's from breast cancer and received radiation making them unable to have implants for reconstruction) It is amazing what we can do with modern medicine! It was a very lengthy surgery but I could of stood there all day! I can honestly say that I have found my calling and I belong in the OR.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I LOVE watching surgery! Oh, it's so interesting! I'm so glad you found your calling! You're on your way. Sunny skies and a bright future. You should be very proud of yourself :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good for you Lindz, that you're dream is being realized. Way to go!
And Finn, wonderful news, he's going to be a big boy when he's done growing!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
morphmom":df63ufpk said:
I LOVE watching surgery! Oh, it's so interesting! I'm so glad you found your calling! You're on your way. Sunny skies and a bright future. You should be very proud of yourself :D
I never thought I would like surgery but I just love it, there are no words to describe it!
sweetiepie9":df63ufpk said:
Good for you Lindz, that you're dream is being realized. Way to go!
And Finn, wonderful news, he's going to be a big boy when he's done growing!
I am really happy with where my life is going, even if it is not how I thought I would get there.

Finn is gaining a few grams a day on average. He had a big breakfast of turnip greens and squash. He is just so spoiled it is not even funny. Hopefully he will have a new light sometime this week.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He'll do even better with the new light. It's amazing how that will affect his eating!

I posted the MRI on my thread if you want to take a look and comment.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He was definitely in need of a new Reptisun. Getting him out in the sunlight everyday seemed to make up for the light being a little over due for a change but with the move and everything it was tight for a bit.

He has gotten noticeable bigger, even to me in the past week. I need to break out the measuring tape and actually measure him.

I keep offering him crickets twice a day but he will only eat once a day even when he was younger. I hoped he would maybe start eating twice a day but no such luck, he eats about 20-25 crickets a day and a huge bowl of veggies and greens so I guess he is doing ok. I haven't had a healthy beardie before, this is new for me lol.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So Finn weight has officially exploded, he went from 105g to 113g in one day. I will have a little fatty on my hands. So I snapped some pictures today.
Waiting on his acidophiliz

After a meal of crickets (notice the antenna hanging out, lol)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:shock: That is an amazing weight gain, good for you Finn, isn't it great to watch him grow? He'll be huge in no time :mrgreen:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am hoping he will be huge!! Lol. I love that he eats great on his own. Even when he was on meds he ate, not great but he never was on baby food. Venus hasn't ate in a week but that is not unusual for her.

Sometimes I wish more people thought I was as awesome as my dogs think I am, lol, I brought rawhide sticks home and I am awesome.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well Finn is 118g and and 14 inches long. I am officially obsessed with his weight and growth. I don't know how he gains any weight with the giant poos he has been doing. Today he went in his viv for the first time since he was like 3 months old. I guess he couldn't wait and then he stood in the corner of the viv and stared at me.

Today has been one for the books, I am having trouble with a girl in my class, there is only 14 of us and we spend 5 days a week together.... it's a lot. Then I dropped my phone in the toilet.... boo.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds like Finn has caught up & will continue doing that. That's is great news.

Don't you just love days like the one you just had? How is the girl in your class bothering you, can you just ignore her? Honestly can't people just behave :angry5: Sorry to hear about your phone, can you get it replaced or will it cost you?

It's so funny when beardies run away from their poop, it's as if it's dynamite or something :lol: Mine do it all the time. If they poop in their tanks after I've left for work, I find them sound asleep when I get home as far away from it as they can get :lol: I keep telling them they have to poop in their baths in the am, if they miss out before I leave for work, too bad :lol:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It is really funny how some run from it and some play in it, lol. Like I said, Finn hasn't went in his viv in forever so he probably didn't know what the heck it was.

I have my phone sitting in a bowl of rice. It did start working again but it won't charge so ultimately it went dead again. I am due for an upgrade but it will have to wait until Friday :/.

As for the girl in my class.... well first I beat her in the election for class president, it sounds very high school-ish but it looks great on a resume. So now she just wants to make things difficult and tense in class :roll: It will be fine, it is just unnecessary and childish.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Sadly some people never grow up and there isn't much you can do about it except ignore them. Eventually she'll get over herself.

Finn, you're getting so big! And so so handsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom