Finn, Venus and Jupiter: New beardie baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro is my first bearded dragon and I brought him home on the 27th. He came from an individual that was not giving him the proper care: No uvb, feeding mealworms, sand, UTH instead of basking light, etc. They had been misinformed by a pet store employee (big surprise there). I wanted to start this thread so I and everyone else can watch Spyro as he grows.

About me: My name is Lindsey, I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome and she a happy little girl that teaches me something new everyday. I have a 4 year old boy named Garrett that shares my love of animals and he loves Spyro as much as I do. I have 3 dogs: Remington(Remi) is a 1 1/2 year old boxer, Tucker is my shihtzu mix, and the mighty Kujo, a toy poodle weighing in a 4.5 lbs. I also have 3 leopard geckos: Venus, Loki, and Thor. I am attending school full time to become a surgical tech. My life is chaotic, but that's the way I like it.

Now back to Spyro, this is the day I brought him home( I am sure a lot of you have seen these pics in the intro section, sorry I will have new ones up soon) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7nq20v9w6su94/2012-12-27 16.40.01.jpg

His new home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m94hjux9v2621v0/2012-12-28 20.31.56.jpg

A couple of him just being cute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrb0e1uzzj09y2/2012-12-28 10.18.35.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenofusv6z8hmwz/2012-12-28 14.03.38.jpg

I will update every once in a while with new pictures. When I got him he was in shed.... and still is. I am getting impatient to see this guy brighten up!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Geez, why would they cut your financial aid in half when you need the funds even more now that you're on your own? Glad you got the loan, though, Finn will explode once he gets that new Reptisun. And winter is fast approaching, can't believe how cold it was here last night, even though, for me, it was better than the heat!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It is because they went off my tax information and Josh had a very good year last year so I only 2,546.00 and my tuition and books were 2,493.00 so it barely covered everything. It is such a pain.

I am sure Finn will be happy with a new Reptisun, his is 7 months old, so it is definitely time for a new one. I think I am going to go ahead and order it off of pet mountain later today since I know I will have more funds coming in soon. Out temps are still in the 80s here so I have been taking him outside so he can get some sun.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I thought that was it. Next year will be a different story, you'll get your full aide as you need it.

I'm glad Finn is getting real sunshine, explains his good appetite! He'll be bigger than you expect before you know it.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well Finn has ate better today, collard greens, carrots and some apple ( I know they aren't every day food but he loves them) and then some crickets. He is such a character.
The tip of his mouth is red from running it back and forth on the glass. Silly boy

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's so cute and sure is a character, I know you have lots of fun with him, I can tell. His colours are getting brighter, too. They're fun at that age when they're healthy, aren't they :D

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3t8q4m1w said:
He's so cute and sure is a character, I know you have lots of fun with him, I can tell. His colours are getting brighter, too. They're fun at that age when they're healthy, aren't they :D
He is a totally different experience than Spyro, Finn is active all the time and besided that little bought with parasites, he has been healthy.
zandi202":3t8q4m1w said:
I love his colors... Almost typed her. :lol:
I almost type her literally everytime. I was so sure that I had a girl when he was younger that I never really bothered to check again lol. His color are great.. He almost has green colored side bars and then when you take him out in the sun he turns in to a bright orange fireball. Very drastic changes.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
zandi202":2oc9cfam said:
How I wish cameras could capture the true color of our babies.
I know, they are so much brighter in person. Finn is such a bright orange, it really is stunning. I would of never guessed my little Petsmart baby would of turned out so pretty :)

chastityx":2oc9cfam said:
little finn wants a bitey brother. :wink:

he's gorgeous. he is still a he right? :p
I would take Bowser boy in a heart beat! Yes he is officially a he, he has boy bumps :lol:

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
Lindz0518":ke1eg6a8 said:
zandi202":ke1eg6a8 said:
How I wish cameras could capture the true color of our babies.
I know, they are so much brighter in person. Finn is such a bright orange, it really is stunning. I would of never guessed my little Petsmart baby would of turned out so pretty :)

chastityx":ke1eg6a8 said:
little finn wants a bitey brother. :wink:

he's gorgeous. he is still a he right? :p
I would take Bowser boy in a heart beat! Yes he is officially a he, he has boy bumps :lol:

you would regret taking bowser when he stomps around your house all poofed up and when you try to pick him up he chomps you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom