Beardielover9000

Original Poster
Hello everyone. My beardie just laid her first clutch of eggs, I was wondering if they appear to be fertile or not fertilized. Honestly they seemed to be great at first but now they’re not doing very well. Any advice would be wonderful. Photos attached are when she first laid, vs the end of the day. I was at work and I had a friend taking care of them, but they had things to do and I’m worried they’re not gonna make it.

Attachments

• IMG_9669.jpeg
    IMG_9669.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9674.jpeg
    IMG_9674.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 35

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The eggs in the second picture aren't viable. The first picture looks nice and plump, and that's what they should look like when you put them into the incubator.

Has this female been with another male? If yes, and they successfully latched, it's likely the eggs are fertile, but if not already in a suitable incubator, likely no longer viable.

The eggs need to be placed onto a bed of vermiculite or similar. The damp paper towel will not work for keeping the eggs.

Breeding is definitely a learning curve but you'll get it! :)

-Brandon

Beardielover9000

Original Poster
The eggs in the second picture aren't viable. The first picture looks nice and plump, and that's what they should look like when you put them into the incubator.

Has this female been with another male? If yes, and they successfully latched, it's likely the eggs are fertile, but if not already in a suitable incubator, likely no longer viable.

The eggs need to be placed onto a bed of vermiculite or similar. The damp paper towel will not work for keeping the eggs.

Breeding is definitely a learning curve but you'll get it! :)

-Brandon
😞 so there’s nothing I can do to save them? We thought that both my dragons were female but they do perform some mating behavior, such as head bobbing, I just thought they were being aggressive females. I had no idea she had eggs so I was unprepared. Thanks for your help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Some dominant females will exhibit mating behavior toward others. On the other hand some males go through the preliminary head bobbing, some mounting, etc but don't finish the deed. Either scenario is possible. The eggs really deteriorated over a short time even if infertile. Did the person put a lot of water or heat on them ? Post some pics of both dragons with the tail arched high in the air so we can see if you actually have a male or they're both female.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom