Feeding concerns for baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that he ate a few crickets on his own, that certainly is a good sign. I agree that the yogurt with activa shouldn't be fed to him again as it could set him back and cause digestion problems. The Stoneyfield farms yogurt should be easy to find in your grocery store and you can read about the benefits of it here: http://www.stonyfield.com//Wellness/probioticcultures.cfm It contains probiotic properties so helps with digestion and to increase the appetite.
Good that you're feeding the squash & sweet potato babyfood but since he is so young, you should also mix a little bit of chicken or turkey babyfood in with one of those to help with his protein intake. Also mixing some fruit babyfood like applesauce or pear/pineapple (a favorite here) with the chicken and/or squash or sweet potato may just encourage him to lick it off his nose like Vicky mentioned. Does he have a sore on his mouth from the force feeding, if so, you should ease up on the pressure you're using when you force feed.

Thanks for the encouraging news. :p

Reptileguy707

Original Poster
OK, here is another update....
He is pooping everyday and thats about it. I am giving him a little bit of Repta-aid everyday and it seems like he likes it. But He still wont eat any crickets. He ate 2 by himself the other day but thats it. I am still offering him fresh veggies everyday and am giving him some baby food and that is the only thing he seems to eat.... and he doesn't even eat a lot of that! What can I do?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How much Repta-Aid is he getting a day? What babyfoods are you feeding? Are you force-feeding or is he licking all of it off his nose? Are you getting fluids into him? What is his activity level like?

WarDaddy

How is your little guy doing?

Wow, your story sounds exactly like mine. My little dragon is just about the same size as yours, not eating anything, a couple crickets, a could worms. he just lies in his basking spot, and moves if too hot. almost no life in him at all...then I started with the baby food.

here is my thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom