Feeding concerns for baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptileguy707

Original Poster
Yea I realize he can't lose any weight. I am trying to do everything I can! I am really greatfull for your help! I will keep giving him babyfood and keep bathing him on a regular basis. And I will be calling vets tomorrow on my lunch!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I know you're trying to do everything you can and you've certainly listened & followed all directions. :p I'm worried about your baby too, we need to figure out why he isn't eating much. We've tried just about everything and it's hard when I can't see what he is actually doing or how he is behaving. Make sure to get some fluids into him too, ok? Let me know what the vet says & good luck.

When you get a chance, could you post a new picture of his tank set up now with him laying in his favorite spot?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I do agree a vet is probably a good idea.You should have him checked for parasites which could be the cause of his lack of appetite.Can I ask you what size crix are you feeding?Also I have to tell I have personally found they dont eat nearly as well if you leave the crix in there all day.While I understand the theory of leaving them in there to allow him to eat when he is ready they tend to get very stressed by their constant presence and he may be staying on his hammock far longer then he should in an effort to keep away from them which could mean he could be a little dehydrated.I would try some repta aid critical care formula to see if you can boost his appetite and get him to start eating.I would also only offer the crix for small intervals instead of all day long.Do you know if he was fed crix before you got him or was he on worms,roaches,etc?

Reptileguy707

Original Poster
Tough guy has a vet appointment tomorrow morning. My lovely sister is taking him since I cannot. He has not pooped all day today, It doesn't look like he ate any of his veggies. I just put some crickets in his cage and he just sits there with his eyes half way closed.

:banghead:

:puke:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well I am glad he has a vet visit thats a good idea.So he still hasnt pooped?Have you tried giving him a nice long bath and maybe some applesauce to help things along maybe he has a minor impaction.

Reptileguy707

Original Poster
Yea, He just got out of the bath. I haven't gave him apple sauce tho. I have been giving him baby food out of a dropper and he seems to like that a little bit but not much. He pooped 2 times yesterday, could he still have an impaction? He looks really skinny!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Reptileguy707":68988 said:
Yea, He just got out of the bath. I haven't gave him apple sauce tho. I have been giving him baby food out of a dropper and he seems to like that a little bit but not much. He pooped 2 times yesterday, could he still have an impaction? He looks really skinny!
No probably not but it is possible for them to have a blockage and still poop.I was also concerned he may have a urate plug holding thinhs up but if he went yesterday then its most likely lack of eating.Have you tried the repta aid?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Reptileguy707":0a689 said:
No I haven't. What is that?
Here is a link so you can see what it looks like:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753955
Basically its for sick herps and it can stimulate appetite as well as balance out their natural gut flora,electrolytes,etc.Its good stuff.Similar to jumpstart except not as harsh and can be given more frequently.I have had pretty good sucess with it.I know petsmart almost always has it in stock.

Reptileguy707

Original Poster
I just checked it out, it seems like that would cure him. I will have my sister ask about that for me tomorrow. Thanks for the tip that looks like it might help tough guy out.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Reptileguy707":452f8 said:
I just checked it out, it seems like that would cure him. I will have my sister ask about that for me tomorrow. Thanks for the tip that looks like it might help tough guy out.
Glad to be of service.Let us know how the vet visit goes.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, I'm glad you made arrangements to take him to the vet today because since he is so young, you need to find out the reason for him not eating. Please let us know how you make out.

Reptileguy707

Original Poster
The vet didn't say why he wasn't eating he just told me everything you guys told me. The vet gave me some dewormer but i have no idea how to make my BD eat it since he wont eat anything else. I got him pedilyte and yogurt and the vet gave me some kind of wet food. I have tried giving him everything and he still wont eat. he also told me to get a small container to put a couple of crickets in along with my BD that might get him to eat a couple of them. I also got him some wax worms but no love there. How in the world do I make him to eat? This is so heartbreaking to watch my buddy suffer like this. I am trying to hard to help him :banghead: WHAT CAN I DO?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, so the vet didn't have any idea why he wasn't eating? Did he do an exam and everything seemed ok? Did he check a fecal sample for parasites? I'm sorry you didn't get any answers. :( I would suggest that you get some of the Repta-Aid from here: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753955 or if you don't want to wait for that, your local petstore should have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom