Favorite "salad" mixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeTheChange

Hatchling Member
What are some veggies, or fruit, that you swear by? What are your beardie's favorite items to gobble down, if any :p

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
Mine seems to really like bok choy and carrots. I wish I could use them as staples. The only fruit I have tried so far is watermelon and he left that in his dish...Pineapple sounds good I will try that this week.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My staple salad is Collard greens, Dandelion greens, and some squash! On occasion I will also add some diced strawberry or grapes or other fruit to the mix!

-Brandon

dvillar9301

Hatchling Member
My beardie liked romaine but they have no nutritional value. I'm trying to get her to eat collard greens but no luck. She loves carrots though! And she liked bananas but that's like a once in a blue moon treat haha

zooeymama

Hatchling Member
So far mostly dandelion but enjoys a mix of dandelion, escarole tossed with some moist beardie pellet food and some peeled grated apple or skinned and chopped grapes. (sometimes I grab a leaf or two of basil from my basil plant and mix it in. no 'complaints' yet)

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
There was a post on here a while back saying that Vitamin A Toxicity cannot come from plant sources. It's just that carrots don't provide a lot of calcium.

So, when taking mustard greens and mixing up a bit of carrot and spaghetti squash, Tiki goes banana sandwich.

One day we got her out of the bath, and hadn't mixed up the salad still on the counter top. She sprinted to the carrots and took these massive mouthfuls. We laughed at her. Only about 3 bites and they were all gone. She still enjoyed her squash and greens salad.

fez09

Extreme Poster
dvillar9301":24bdyx18 said:
How do all of you feed your greens? Raw, steamed, or cooked?
Always raw.

Mine eat collard/mustard greens and either butternut squash or yellow squash as a staple but about once a week I add in a "treat". they go nuts for blueberries or strawberries.

dvillar9301

Hatchling Member
fez09":16f4lkgq said:
dvillar9301":16f4lkgq said:
How do all of you feed your greens? Raw, steamed, or cooked?
Always raw.

Mine eat collard/mustard greens and either butternut squash or yellow squash as a staple but about once a week I add in a "treat". they go nuts for blueberries or strawberries.
Mine doesn't like collard greens :/ is that normal? She's only 9 inches (mouth to tail), so shes still in that 80/20 protein/veggie diet

fez09

Extreme Poster
I've been pretty lucky, my babies eat collards the day after they hatch. Try chopping them up really tiny and mix the grated squash in them...Keep offeringm they'll get used to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom