false alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic

Juvie Member
Houdini drank a lot of water in the bath just now. He's breathing weird. I can see quick contractions in his stomach, then he stops for a few seconds. now he;s coughing.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
How is he doing now? I dont really have any idea of what to do to help him with that. But I do remember other people having their beardies drink a lot, and then breathing heavily afterwords.

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
his breathing is slow, i think it's somewhat normal. but then he'll breathe rapidly and then stop for a few seconds. he's black bearded once, which is very unsual. his beard is out midway, and it's been either like that or fully out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Could he have gotten some water down the wrong way or up his nose possibly? That is a fairly common occurrence during bath times around here.

Tracie

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
his breathing got back to normal. he's walking on my bed a little, and made a loud sneezing noise. i think he's back to normal. he's looking for a place to hide and go to sleep, but i'm kinda afraid to let him sleep. i'm just gonna keep an eye on him for the moment and play it by ear. he's not showing any signs of struggle, or difficulty. just tired.

Tracie, that is possible. He had his head very low and way 'gulping' the water. he would just open his mouth and swallow, so getting up his nose is definitely possible.

Thanks Jiffy, I didn't even think to search for anything similar. Mind was going too quick!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today? Has his breathing gotten any better or at least back to normal?
I think that he probably gulped water down the wrong way OR he got some water up his nose by accident which does happen fairly often.
Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Tracie, I missed your post somehow. Houdini did fine the next day. I believe he was just trying to swallow the water. He drank the water again a few days ago. He holds the extra water in that little pocket of skin under his beard. I call it a scarf, lol. So all he was doing was trying to swallow it. Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom