falkor's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, i thought i'd go ahead and start up an ongoing thread for falkor. if you're interested in reading about his beginnings and the mini adventure i've gone through trying to right the wrongs of the pet store, check out my introduction thread here - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=131036&start=0. either way, i'm going to go ahead and repost the pictures from that thread and continue to add to them :)

the day i brought him home along with his original setup:

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

his current setup (the middle is a little dirty from calcium dust - time to clean the carpet)

IMG_4031.jpg

almost looks like it could have been take outside - well, except for that black cord ;-)

IMG_4000.jpg

"i'm sure i could reach that plateau...doesn't look that far..."

IMG_4015.jpg

i LOVE how this shot turned out:

IMG_4018.jpg

here's a funny shot i took the other night of him sleeping. he normally sleeps up on his branch, but on this particular night, he didn't quite make it before falling asleep :-D

IMG_3995.jpg

hunting crickets:

IMG_4047.jpg

hanging out on my hand while shedding his legs:

IMG_4049.jpg

another cool close-up:

IMG_4054.jpg

trying to surf the internet - sorry buddy, you just don't weigh enough to press down the keys:

IMG_4058.jpg

i just bought some slate tile tonight and i have it all ready to go in. that'll happen as soon as i get out of work tomorrow. count on some more pictures then. i'm so excited - i think it'll look really cool :-D

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
I just read through Falkor's thread and she is a cutie! She is doing so well, and I get the feeling she's got you hooked but gooood! :love5: So when do you think you'll get your next one? :laughing6: I am having some internet issues but will try to check her webcam this week. You do make a very good beardie slave! :whip: :-D

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
lizardgrrl":2xxduhn5 said:
I just read through Falkor's thread and she is a cutie! She is doing so well, and I get the feeling she's got you hooked but gooood! :love5: So when do you think you'll get your next one? :laughing6: I am having some internet issues but will try to check her webcam this week. You do make a very good beardie slave! :whip: :-D
thanks! :-D yeah, i'm definitely hooked. people at work are getting sick of hearing me talk about her all the time ;-) i'd like to eventually get another one, but it'll probably be a while. my wife and i are expecting our first child in march, so that's going to end up taking up a lot of my spare time. i'll still make sure to spend plenty of time with falkor, but i don't think i'll have enough time for a baby and more than one dragon. but maybe after the baby is a little older. we'll just have to see :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
weekly update time! falkor was almost 15" and weighed in at 154 grams on sunday. that's a 21 gram gain from the previous week. well, actually, her original weigh in was 161 grams, but then she got a bath and pooped ;-) it really is crazy how big their poops are. if people had poops in the same proportion, a 150 pound person would have almost a 7 pound poop. can you imagine losing 4.5% of your body weight every time you pooped? it'd be one heck of a diet ;-)

anyway, i digress. other than what i already mentioned, falkor is still doing great. she loves hanging out with me as much as possible and she still loves falling asleep on me just before bedtime. i haven't gotten a picture of it yet, but i've also started playing guitar for her while she's out. she seems to really enjoy that as well :) oh yeah, she also finished her tail shed last week and her arms are already starting to turn white in anticipation of her next shed. here are some pictures from this week:

i had to post this picture first. i think this is my favorite picture of her so far. it's so clear and her colors seem to really pop out at you :)

IMG_4568.jpg

weigh-in prior to pooping:

IMG_4590.jpg

weigh-in after pooping:

IMG_4595.jpg

like i said last week, after she falls asleep on my lap, i will put her back in her viv for the night but she never wants me to leave. she always manages to grab onto a finger or a thumb. it's so cute when she does this, so i had to get a picture of it :)

IMG_4561.jpg

crunchy hugging falkor as she falls asleep ;-)

IMG_4567.jpg

this was really interesting. somehow, she managed to fall asleep one night with her head still up in the air. it's like she was so tired, she couldn't even get her head on the ground prior to falling asleep. i did check on her later that night and her head had found its way to the ground, so that's good.

IMG_4583.jpg

finally, i took a picture of a freshly molted dubia. i hadn't ever seen one before and it was pretty cool to see in person.

IMG_4565.jpg

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Great pictures Aaron!! She is so beautiful :D That picture of her holding onto your thumb is sooooo cute! :love5:

Btw,those are fun facts about the POOP :lol:

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
puppytoes72":ek7z6umh said:
Great pictures Aaron!! She is so beautiful :D That picture of her holding onto your thumb is sooooo cute! :love5:
thanks michele! :) it makes me so happy when she does that. i'm always so tempted to just let her sleep on me the rest of the night, but then, i'd never get anything done ;-)

puppytoes72":ek7z6umh said:
Btw,those are fun facts about the POOP :lol:
haha, it's entertaining and educational ;-)

Toyguy

Juvie Member
Great shots! I really enjoy the ones with Crunchy in them :)

A 7 pound poop eh? I think I may have been accused of that once or twice :D Maybe that's why I like Beardies!

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Toyguy":377eprik said:
Great shots! I really enjoy the ones with Crunchy in them :)
thanks! judging by the amount of them i post, i guess i do too ;-)

Toyguy":377eprik said:
A 7 pound poop eh? I think I may have been accused of that once or twice :D Maybe that's why I like Beardies!
HAHA!!! i've definitely been there!

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
I love that pic of Falkor holding your thumb while sleeping!!! all of your pics are great, but that one is just tooooooo precious!!!
Congrats on the upcoming new arrival too!!!!! Babies can sometimes be as much fun as beardies!! :lol:

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
puffsmama":4f3ek8jd said:
I love that pic of Falkor holding your thumb while sleeping!!! all of your pics are great, but that one is just tooooooo precious!!!
awww, thanks! :-D

puffsmama":4f3ek8jd said:
Congrats on the upcoming new arrival too!!!!! Babies can sometimes be as much fun as beardies!! :lol:
thanks! my wife and i are beyond excited. we found out that she was pregnant about 2 weeks after my birthday, so it was like an extra birthday present :) also, since we got falkor at a pet store and i don't know her actual hatch date, we have decided to make her unofficial hatch date whatever day our baby is born. may seem kind of silly to some people, but we like the idea of both of them having the same birthday :)

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
well, as of sunday, falkor is now at 15.5" and 177 grams. that's another 23 grams gained in a week :) nothing too terribly interesting to report from this past week. she had a minor shed of her beard and forearms for a couple of days and then nothing else since. i've noticed her eating more greens lately - she doesn't even seem to care if i'm watching anymore, so that's a good thing. anyway, here are some pictures from this week. i will say, it seems that i always have a few sleeping pictures. i may be getting a little obsessed, but it's so cute to see what different poses she'll get herself into as she falls asleep ;-)

weigh-in:

IMG_4613.jpg

one day, she jumped off my shoulder while i was on my computer and she tried to attack my water bottle. i guess she thought it might have food in it since it's green :p

IMG_4599.jpg

these next three pictures show a few different angles of her basking in an interesting position. she had her arms and belly on her branch, her tail was resting on her hammock, but her hind legs were dangling out in the open air. so weird to think that could be comfortable, but i guess her tail must have been providing enough support for her.

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

here's a picture of her after she fell asleep that night. i guess she didn't want to keep both legs dangling all night.

IMG_4610.jpg

here, she was laying on crunchy when the lights went out, but she tried to make it to her branch before she fell completely asleep. she didn't quite make it ;-)

IMG_4620.jpg

She is adorable! I have a Falkor too :)
I just put a small stuffed cow in my Falkor's tank, he's head bobbing at it right now. I'm hoping he will eventually snuggle up to it like yours. My Falkor is almost a year old. I have him in a 75 gallon tank, I just ordered a hammock for him, should come this week.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Hi Aaron :D I love the new pics of Falkor,her strange positions are so funny! :D That is so cute the way she fell asleep on her way from Crunchy to the hide :mrgreen:

PS:I don't think you are weird for making her hatchdate the same as your new babies b-day,I think that's special :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom