Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Snow finally stopped, got about 4 - 5 inches on the ground but when there is a will there is a way they say. Made hubby go out and snow blow the yard lol...still have snow in the graveyard but where i need to put things back and set things up...its clear of snow. Thank heavens for huge snowblowers :D Nothing really new to say about Geico and Emily cept they are growing like weeds and eating me out of house and home. Gotta love my prince and princess scaley skins. I have no voice left..its so hoarse its not funny and still sick, Im sure running around in the freezing rain then later the snow to bring stuff into the garage has not helped me get over being sick. Been kind of a lazy day but got some shopping done that I needed to get done. I also need to get some pictues posted of Geico and Emily and maybe a video..since i have a new video recorder. Right now just gonna be very busy between tomorrow and Monday getting ready for the Halloween neighborhood competition. Got booed a couple of days ago. For those that dont knwo what booing is...it starts with one person, you buy a couple of things halloween related and put them in a bag with apples or candy <I do halloween related tea light holders with tea light and a little halloween plaque or door decoration> Then you put in a gift bag , anonomously put it on someones porch with a little note saying they have been booed and have 3 days to boo the next person and to put the picture of the ghost you leave in the bag with the note and items on the door so people will know you have been booed, you know the boo is over when the person that first started it gets booed or until some stingy person does not give a boo out themselves after being booed. Kind of like a secret santa type thing but its fun for halloween between the neighbors. the fun is no one knows who started it, who ended it, or who gave what to who..its all anonymous.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Tonja":19qtv8d9 said:
For those that dont knwo what booing is...it starts with one person, you buy a couple of things halloween related and put them in a bag with apples or candy <I do halloween related tea light holders with tea light and a little halloween plaque or door decoration> Then you put in a gift bag , anonomously put it on someones porch with a little note saying they have been booed and have 3 days to boo the next person and to put the picture of the ghost you leave in the bag with the note and items on the door so people will know you have been booed, you know the boo is over when the person that first started it gets booed or until some stingy person does not give a boo out themselves after being booed. Kind of like a secret santa type thing but its fun for halloween between the neighbors. the fun is no one knows who started it, who ended it, or who gave what to who..its all anonymous.
That is a wonderful idea! :blob5: Oh! I must do that! I love my neighbors! (most of them...) That just sounds like great fun! :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
When you said boo I thought someone stood outside and booed you like a heckler in an audience at a show :lol:.
But I like that "boo" better.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
NO lol..this booing is fun..I booed the new neighbors..gave them a purple tealight with wrought iron witches in it, a littke plaque that said spooky with witches around it, raspberry fig newtons and 3 heath candy bars all put on that halloween spider web in a small plastic candy dish, with the boo poem and a ghost to put on the door that says we've been booed...they booed the single guy 2 houses down from me <I know cause i saw them do it as I was leaving the house." I will never tell lol. I think I know who booed me but wont ask or say anything, takes the fun out of it. Anyway Geico and Emily are sleeping and Im wide awake, my mind in a whirlwind right now but we did get the snow off the yard YAY...we have the only yard with no snow on it lol.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
It's raining cats and dogs out here! :shock: Guess were getting some of hurricane Sandy, or “Franken-Storm” as it’s being called :roll: Oi! Darn Canadian fear mongers! People are buying water and canned goods like it's the end of the world :? *Sigh*

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Ive been working in the yard..have my pumpkins now carved, all of them...have the lighting layout worked out..batteries in everything that needed them. Got the cages placed and the spanish moss hung up, just need ice and dry ice now and Im all set..tomorrow the gazebo gets put up and the theater created...then have to bring all the zombie babies to the garage and make sure they all work ok. Gonna be one heck of a halloween yard. The super storm...i worry about my parents at thier age with weather like that. I think most of it will miss them thank heavens and will keep all those in its path in my thoughts and prayers. ITs gonna be ugly. Geico and Emily are doing fine, still growing and both are shedding..Geico finally shed his belly where it didnt shed before and emily shed her mouth and her belly is starting to shed. anyway wish me luck..first prize for yard decorations is 250.00. 2nd is 200.00 and 3rd is 150.00...not that it matters but would be nice to win something for all the work we do every yr.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Its official, I have no voice left. I dont know where it went to but its gone..I am so hoarse I cannot talk But I can type! Geico and Emily are sleeping, both have thier CHEs on so its warmer in thier vivs.. its a cold night tonight and crystal clear outside. Both are snuggled so far down into their blankies all you can see are the outlines of them both,..Emilys outline being harder to see though. Temps in thier vivs with the CHEs are 72 degrees so that should be ok sleeping temps for them both. Hope my voice comes back overnight...although Im sure hubby is pleased its gone, he doesnt have to hear me barking orders at him where to move this or that to lol, not that I really bark orders at him..well maybe I do. When I cough I sound like a seal lol or an elephant thats sick. OH WELL, the importannt thing si that my babies thru it all are still well cared for.

On another note, I am pryaing for all on the east coast and canada that are in the path of the superstorm. I pray that all of you get through it all unscathed. I am worried about my mom and dad being in Virginia with this thing moving thru..especially at thier age...they had all their trees taken out a yr ago that could fall and damade the house..the trees in the neighbors yard are gone..they all fell on the house the trees belonged to much to our saddness not only that they lost their home but had to move into assisted living due to it..rebuilt and sold the house. So please everyone stay safe and dont play hero with this thing..they say go you go!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Tonya, I'm praying that no-one will be hurt during that storm, too, seems Canada is getting a double whammy, there was a 7.9 earthquake in the middle and on the west side of Vancouver Island, just off the west coast of British Columbia. Now there are winds & big waves & they have a tsunami warning in effect. I'm on the southwestern coast, close to Vancouver and it was felt over here & as far north as Prince Rupert. Alot of people of are having to move inland from the western side of the Island, just in case of a tsunami. So on top of that darned hurricane on the east coast now this has happened on the west coast. I have friends in New Jersey that are battened down, expecting huge winds & lots of driving rain. I'm hoping it goes west instead of east over the ocean, but I guess that's not going to happen. Hope your folks are ok, that was good that they got rid of trees close to their home, but awful about their neighbour. You take care, lemon & honey & hot water will help your throat.
Take care
Deb

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Geeesh I just woke up so hadnt heard about the quake. Good Lord i pray yall will be ok on the upper west coast. Deb you stay safe hun and I will be praying for you all that conditions become so that a tsunami will not be a worry for anyone...we have enough to worry about on the east coast. The worst of it will be over on the east for my mom and dad on Tuesday morning but they have one of the best in generators, gas grill so Im pretty sure they will be ok. they can run the furnace and freezer, tv and a light or two off the generator..they are stocked up on canned goods, and water if they need it. Im trying so hard to not think about it, till I hear from my momma and daddy. Id call but dont want to tie up their phone since the first effects will start being felt for them today sometime. My babies are still sleeping will get them up in a couple of hours.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Tonya, the worst is over on the west, just waves & some people didn't have power for a few hours. Now we can concentrate on the east, I'll have to check out the news at noon to hear what's happening there. I'm glad your folks are ready, sounds like they'll be able to weather it through. Boy, there have been some nasty storms this year. Hopefully this is the last one.

How's your throat today? Hot lemon & honey will help alot, it's always helped me. Give your babies a hug. Lonzo and Gabriel were wide awake when I took their blankies off, guess they've decided to still get up daily! Today I'll try to get some food into them, if not babyfood it is!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Oh dear! :( You're still not well Tonja and all of us may loose our Halloween! What a wretched year! I make lemon honey tea as well, though, I don't care for it much. LOL! :lol: Feel better soon. Poor Geico and Emily. They don't get to hear mommy's praise, they feel it though.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I just weighed Geico...198 grams and Emily is 23 grams..both are gaining great. Will add pictures of them later on..hes getting to be a big boy.

Now Halloween pictures:
One scene with Jimmy Jugular zombie baby < will put the rest out tomorrow with the strobes and blacklights>
Img_4876.jpg

Theater now playing The Exorcist and The Poltergeist
Img_4877.jpg

Img_4875.jpg

Img_4874.jpg

Img_4873.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom