EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you thinking that he aspirated on the Metacam? If it was me, I don't think I would give him anymore & would talk to the vet right away. Since his eyes look sunken, I would put him in some bath water.

It's hard to say what is causing all of this. Can you post a picture of him? How is he doing now? You may need to take him to an emergency vet right away.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
unnamed_zps7d30dd6f.jpg

Should I go to a vet? He isn't holding his head up and for a little bit there his eyes were mostly closed. I tried giving him some water mixed with a little gatorade as I've heard this can help them?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I really would recommend a vet now. You're right, his eyes are sunken and the top of his head looks flat. Something is not right. Let us know how you make out.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He all, just got back from the vet. I liked this vet and felt like she answered all my questions and took everything into consideration. She is confident that it is not a brain injury, but a spinal one. She thinks he re-tweaked it when he shook his head this morning and that is what caused the sudden scary symptoms. We did x-rays and there are no fractures or breaks so she thinks it is a nerve issue, she has told me to keep a good eye on him, there are some physical therapy excercises she wants me to do as well. She is going to call on Tuesday and if he isn't improving she wants to order in a steroid for him. She also says he does not have pnuemonia and she thinks the respiratory symptoms are just because it hurts him a little to breathe. Thank you for your support & advice

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you took him to a vet right away. Poor thing and it must have been so scary for you to see him acting like that. Good that you liked this vet and she felt it wasn't a brain injury, what a relief! At least he doesn't have pneumonia, I know that was a concern too.

Happy to hear that there are no fractures, etc. Hope the P.T. exercises help him out, go slow & easy. Did you happen to mention the Serrapeptase to her? Does she want you to continue with the Metacam?

Please be sure to keep us updated, hope he can recover very soon.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am very relieved that it is not a brain injury too. Yes, I did mention the serrapeptase!! She said it was not something she had heard of before. She wants me to continue the Metcam if I am comfortable, I think I might switch to the serrapeptase if I can get my hands on it. Thanks so much. :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Here's some info about the Serrapeptase.
Serrapeptase

Cultured Pharmaceutical grade silkworm enzyme. This is used to treat joint inflammation and swelling as well as injuries of the spine. Serrapeptase also has Liver and Blood cleansing properties which is helpful for treating fatty liver disease and adenovirus. Syringe and instuctions included.
Sure sounds like it would be a good thing to try with the symptoms/diagnoses that he has. Tracie has it on her site here: http://www.bug-de-lite.com/Products%20Page.html

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was given a copy of the x-rays on a disc. I can post them if anybody is interested, they are really cool.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is not great, but ok I suppose. He didn't want to eat anything but I was able to get some baby food and some water into him. His eyes still seem a bit sunken but not as bad. He also did not move around much but he responded to his "physical therapy" exercises fairly well. I am ordering some serrapeptase tomorrow and I have high hopes for that. Thanks for your reply

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh wow that is a great picture, thanks for posting it.
I am glad you got him into the vets. It sounds like she had a better grasp on things. I am happy she doesn't feel it is a brain or spinal cord injury anyway.
A spinal injury or a disc injury can cause swelling & pain which would definitely hurt him to breathe.
Poor guy. He should recover but it may be a little slow though.
The physical therapy should help, will you do that in the water for his exercises?
You are stopping the metacam now? It looks like it is most likely bothering him. It can really upset their tummies sometimes.

Keep us posted on him.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom