EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
My beardie just launched himself off of my bed its about a 2 foot drop, when he landed he scooted himself around on his two back legs. i pick him up a nd he is limo and unresponsive. his eyes aremostly closed. he keeps opening his mouth very wide and flexing his beard. please help me i dont want to lose him and i dont know what to do.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I;m so sorry to hear this ! Was it a hard surface ? Can you get to a qualified vet ? There may be internal injuries, possibly bleeding. He may also have hurt his spine. I hope it just pain that will pass, but it sounds serious. I truly hope he'll be O.K !

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2bkyzmbi said:
I;m so sorry to hear this ! Was it a hard surface ? Can you get to a qualified vet ? There may be internal injuries, possibly bleeding. He may also have hurt his spine. I hope it just pain that will pass, but it sounds serious. I truly hope he'll be O.K !

Hi, thanks for your response. I just got home from the vet and they think he might have a bruised lung. I have some pain meds for him and will be keeping a close eye on him over the next few days, if he worsens I will be getting x-rays. He landed on carpet but he was going fast. Hoping for a speedy and full recovery. Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like he'll probably be O.K., landing on carpet makes a big difference. Glad to hear it + hope he improves quickly.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, that must have been scary! Good that you took him to the vet. Hopefully the pain med will help him & he will heal quickly. Please keep us updated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, that was scary! I am glad that he is going to be ok though & at least he landed on carpet.
He may be a little sore possibly but should feel better soon.
Is his beard black at all or normal colors?

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":x601byeh said:
Hello,

Oh my, that was scary! I am glad that he is going to be ok though & at least he landed on carpet.
He may be a little sore possibly but should feel better soon.
Is his beard black at all or normal colors?

Tracie
Yes, it was awful, especially since he is a rescue and already not the strongest! His beard is back to normal, it was dark for a little while after he fell. That's the only time I've ever seen it go dark! He is getting some rest and still keeps opening his mouth sometimes in his sleep, poor little guy. I have high hopes for him though :) Thank you for your response!

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":121o69j8 said:
Oh, that must have been scary! Good that you took him to the vet. Hopefully the pain med will help him & he will heal quickly. Please keep us updated.

Yes, I think I was almost as shaken up as him! Thanks for your response :) Will keep everybody posted!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So he is doing better this evening?
At least his beard isn't black right now. I am glad he is getting some rest now, poor guy!

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Spyro seems to be doing a little better, but not much. Taking him off of the medicine hasn't had any visible effects, negative or positive. He still seems to be having a hard time moving around, but he is a little more active! I put him on the bed (with VERY close supervision) and let him walk around a little. All of his furniture has been out of his viv since he fell. I am still a little scared for him.

unnamed-5_zpsddaff3c6.jpg

Here he is a few weeks ago

unnamed-1_zpsdd6f542f.jpg

And here he is from yesterday evening. Getting him to eat is a bit of a challenge. He doesn't seem very interested in food, but if I put it in his mouth while it is open he will eat it usually.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
He looks just miserable in the picture.Have you considered going back in for x-rays? You must be worried sick!

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Esther19- Yes, he does look so sad, he is just breaking my heart. I have thought about going for x-rays, but the vet said she couldn't feel any obvious fractures. I am a high school kid working a part time job, so if by the time I get my next paycheck (upcoming Tuesday), he has not improved, I will take him in for sure!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'll be supporting you both in thought and prayer. Please let us know how he is doing. They're tough little buggers. If the vet said she didn't feel anything, waiting for a few days to see how he does should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom