EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sure!! He is doing well, he's regaining a little more movement every day, and even moreso in the water. His appetite has also improved a lot, and soon he's going to shed! The vet said healing could take 6-8 weeks or longer, so it will be a long process, but he's getting there!! On Friday he even came with me to my mom's classroom and met her students, and they enjoyed learning about beardies!! Thanks for your response :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great to hear he is showing so much improvement. Maybe the Serrapeptase has part to do with it. Bet he enjoyed going to meet the students.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, I think he enjoyed a change of scenery too. I love the serrapeptase, I think it is doing a lot for him. However, I just noticed his eyes seem a bit puffy so I'm calling the vet tomorrow morning, any thoughts anyone?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are they puffy all the time or is he doing the eye bulging perhaps?

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, on Friday he bulged his eyes pretty good like they do when they shed, but they seem a little puffy all the time. It's nothing extreme at all, they are not huge, it seems like mostly his eyelids are a little puffy and his eyes are a little squinty. I will post a picture tomorrow morning, once he wakes up. His eyes have always been a bit big for his head, ever since I got him, so it could just be me being a little paranoid I suppose.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he has improved a good amount now! :D It does take some time for them to get over injuries. It sounds like he is getting better though. I hope the serrapeptase has helped him out.
I am sure he had fun going to school to your mom's classroom, to see everyone.
Sometimes the eyes tend to look a little off if they are going to shed, also.

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Little Spyro passed away this evening. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I think it was just his time to go. I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore. Thanks all for your support.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear that Spyro passed away. He had certainly been through a lot and you did all you possibly could for him. We are here if you feel like talking.

daydreamer1017

This was scary to read! I have a pretty young beardie, about a year old. He has an awful habit of trying to jump out of my hands and onto my bed, the floor, or nearby furniture. He did it today actually! But i picked him up right away and he seemed unphased, in fact he tried to jump again! It was about a foot or 2 at most drop onto carpet. (Luckily im short so its not too much of a drop to the floor) I never thought that it could be dangerous for him, because he does it a lot. (Wouldnt he stop doing this if it hurt him?) This really opened my eyes... i will definitely be more cautious with his jumping now.
Im very sorry to hear that your beardie passed away... at least he had a nice, happy long life <3
P.S. i love the costume you made him

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you daydreamer1017. Since my Spyro was a rescue he was more susceptible to injuries, due to his weak bone density and other factors. It was sort of a freak accident. However, being cautious is always a good idea, they are fragile little things.

Thank you for the kind thoughts Esther.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry you lost little Spyro. :cry: I saw that you had started a thread in another forum about Spyro. That is so sad.
You did the best you could for him....

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom