Dwarf Bearded Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield-tailed_Agama
The Shield-tailed Agama (or Turnip-tailed Agama, Xenagama taylori) is a lizard found in Somalia and Ethiopia. It lives on arid flat land, sometimes on hilly landscapes, sandy but also hard grounds where they dig deep galleries. It survives at 45 to 50 degrees Celsius maximum temperature, but average ranges between 25 and 35 degrees Celsius in a very dry environment, with exception of strong spring storms and high humidity at that time.

The lizard is less than 10 cm in length, and its hatchlings are just over a centimeter and weight only three grams. As such size makes it vulnerable to even small predators, it uses its spiny tail to block its burrows at night. This small lizard is essentially insectivorous, but has been seen to eat vegetables (grass, fruits, berries). The species is sexually dimorphic, with males are thinner and smaller and their chin turn blue when excited. Males have larger anal pores enclosed by a waxy yellow substance.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
They are cool looking...

I actually clicked on this hoping to find some answers on my true dwarf dragon...she looks like a hatchling, has had perfect care, has been to the vet and has perfect health, but hasn't grown nearly at all. It bewilders me...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom