Dusting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darwin08

Hatchling Member
Can anyone explain to me what exactly dusting is. And how often to dust. And what to dust. And how the dragon has to be to dust it's food. I don't own any kind of "duster" lol. :wink:

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
You should buy rep-cal and dust the feeders with it before feeding to your beardie. I usually put the crickets in a ziplock bag, for example, dump in a little bit of calcium, shake 'em around, and voila, dinner is served! That's usually done at least 5 times a week. Additionally, you need to get a multivitamin dust and dust with that at least 2 times a week, I would suggest.

The calcium prevents beardies from getting Metabollic Bone Disease (MBD), which can lead to paralysis.

patrickb

Juvie Member
As mentioned above, I just put em in a ziplock bag with the powder and 'shake-n-bake' em. You can use a cup and swish them around in the powder as well. Stay away from any calcium powder that contains phosphorus, as this binds calcium thus rendering the calcium ineffective.

Two good products
For Calcium:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754048

For Multi=vitamin:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754047

Most people like to use the calcium Monday-Friday, and then the multi-vitamin on Saturday and Sunday. 5x a week for calcium, and 2x a week for multi-vitamin. Only dust for one of your daily feedings, not all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom