dust phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i fed my baby phoenix worms would i still have to dust them? also, can they live off of just those and their veggies? thanks for the help!

djay35

i don't use powder with phoenix worms they are hi in calcium. they can live off them but i recommend not feeding him just those for his meats unless u feed him a small amount they are very high in fat. what do u feed him for vegs?

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Those are good greens. Here is a chart of other stuff you can feed and what to feed rarely or avoid completely:
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Even with feeding phoenix worms you wouldn't have to dust with calcium, but I would still dust with a multivitamin once or twice a week and if you use other feeders then dust with calcium once a day

admiralgoose

Original Poster
So if I used phoenix worms, I could just dust them with a multivitamin 2 feeds a week? Would you suggest I put anything on the greens or just give those to him in the morning sprayed with some water?

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I wouldn't think you would have to dust with calcium if you were just feeding phoenix worms, but maybe someone with more experience could chime in. The problem will be when it gets bigger, you would have to feed a bunch of phoenix worms a day to keep him full. Just do greens in the morning and leave them in until 2 hours before lights out. They need 2 hours to bask before lights out to digest food,

admiralgoose

Original Poster
Okay thank you! Ive read some other forums on here and they say that phoenix worms dusted twice a week with multivitamins can be great for them! although they do end up being expensive, we'll just have to see how my baby likes them!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I know you can get 700 small reptiworms (which are the same thing as phoenix worms, black solider fly larvae) from lindasgonebuggie.com, smalls would be good for a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom