Beardie’s health

Jattap

Beardie name(s)
Isa
My bearded dragon, Isa, seems lethargic and won’t eat much. Recently she’s started to stay in her hide all day even if she’s awake and won’t come out until the next day. I’ve let her stay in her hide incase she’s about to brumate but I don’t think that’s the case. She’ll glass surf twice a week and I’ll let her free roam for a while but she’ll mostly stay in her hide. I offer her collard greens and muster greens daily and sometimes super worms and dubia roaches but she’s not too interested in the greens and dubia. She’ll eat the super worms though. I occasionally dust her greens with bee pollen, every time I would go to dust her greens, Isa would chase the pollen scoop and get it everywhere but recently she doesn’t care for it.
Lastly, Isa’s eyes are half closed, they look a bit puffy and not wide open like usual and her poop is a bit watery!

I have a vet appointment for her next week but I would love some advice on what could be wrong or what I could change. Thank you in advance!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon, Isa, seems lethargic and won’t eat much. Recently she’s started to stay in her hide all day even if she’s awake and won’t come out until the next day. I’ve let her stay in her hide incase she’s about to brumate but I don’t think that’s the case. She’ll glass surf twice a week and I’ll let her free roam for a while but she’ll mostly stay in her hide. I offer her collard greens and muster greens daily and sometimes super worms and dubia roaches but she’s not too interested in the greens and dubia. She’ll eat the super worms though. I occasionally dust her greens with bee pollen, every time I would go to dust her greens, Isa would chase the pollen scoop and get it everywhere but recently she doesn’t care for it.
Lastly, Isa’s eyes are half closed, they look a bit puffy and not wide open like usual and her poop is a bit watery!

I have a vet appointment for her next week but I would love some advice on what could be wrong or what I could change. Thank you in advance!
Surface basking temps please and how your taking them? Uvb coil or long tube fixture and how old?

Jattap

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Isa
Surface basking temps please and how your taking them? Uvb coil or long tube fixture and how old?
The basking temps are 95°F and 75°F on the cool side, I’m using digital humidity and temperature thermometers and a thermometer gun. I have the Arcadia 12w linear uvb light. Isa is two years old this May

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The basking temps are 95°F and 75°F on the cool side, I’m using digital humidity and temperature thermometers and a thermometer gun. I have the Arcadia 12w linear uvb light. Isa is two years old this May
Do the gauges have probes on them? Thermometer guns are good but can be off --- the Arcadia is a 12 watt? Do you mean the 12% 24 watt? How old is the UVB? And where in the tank is it? Fine screen mesh UVB needs to be in the tank - 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor --

Jattap

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Isa
Do the gauges have probes on them? Thermometer guns are good but can be off --- the Arcadia is a 12 watt? Do you mean the 12% 24 watt? How old is the UVB? And where in the tank is it? Fine screen mesh UVB needs to be in the tank - 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor --
They don’t have probes. Do you recommend I get some with probes? Yes, it’s a 12% 24 watt! I changed the bulb 5 months ago and it’s on top of the screen mesh. I watched a few videos about the Arcadia uvb and a lot of them said the Arcadia can go on the screen mesh because it’s stronger than other uvb lamps. I’ll have to put it inside the tank if that info is wrong

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They don’t have probes. Do you recommend I get some with probes? Yes, it’s a 12% 24 watt! I changed the bulb 5 months ago and it’s on top of the screen mesh. I watched a few videos about the Arcadia uvb and a lot of them said the Arcadia can go on the screen mesh because it’s stronger than other uvb lamps. I’ll have to put it inside the tank if that info is wrong
Yes get temp gauges w/ probes please--- the Arcadia can go on top of the screen IF its a wide hole screen if its a fine mesh like a screen door it needs to go inside distance 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor -- wide hole 8-10--- screens block approx 30% of the rays ---

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom