Dubia Exoskeloten???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez09

Extreme Poster
I'm a little embarassed to ask this but do Dubia's shed? I have been finding empty roach shells everyday...Is thiat what happens when they molt?? :?:

Litakat

Hatchling Member
Yes they do ^.^ As the dubia grows, it sheds its exoskeleton. If you see any white roaches, it's because they just shed and have yet to harden the new shell.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Awesome! I kinda thought so but wanted to make sure their not dying on me! Thanks Litakat!

Litakat

Hatchling Member
Lol yeah. It is alarming to see a bunch of shells littered about the bottom of the bin :p Silly shedding creatures.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I felt like a total dummy when I had to ask if the sender knew I had a white roach last year when I started my colony -- OMG I was so embarrassed! He was cool about it and explained it was freshly shed...

Oh yeah, if you catch the white ones (make sure it's proper size!) your dragon will love it -- they are extra soft right then. They're kinda pretty, too imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom