Dubia Colony Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys maintain a consistent Dubia colony? What I mean is - how do you keep enough adults to breed and babies to use as feeders, and without running out of the colony or having millions and millions of roaches?

mysterysock

Original Poster
Thats the reply I was looking for.. Considering breeding every bug so I'll just have to compensate with more dragons to eat them!

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
Eventually you will end up with more feeders than you can feed. Once you reach a sustainable colony, you can slow down their breeding by removing heat from the tote. Right now my dubia breeders get now heat, they continue to breed but at a much slower rate.

You can either get more reptiles to feed them to, sell off your excess, or you can put them in a plastic bag and freeze them overnight to humanly kill off the overflow.

Eric

slantedii

Hatchling Member
BTW...I dunno about you, but being frozen to death over several hours does not seem humane!!! lol.

mysterysock

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. I'll prolly go with a heating pad since it seems to be the easiest method. Just wasn't sure of what kind/wattage to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom