dragons mouth only slightly open ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megwighton

Beardie name(s)
Rudi
i only very recently started caring for my dragon, so please bear with me if my question seems obvious:
my dragon has only recently started basking, as she was left with no basking lamp or any adequate heat source for just about a year before i got her. i checked on her just a few minutes ago, and her mouth is only half open? i'll attach a photo to show what i mean, because i haven't seen anyone else mention anything like this.
i have seen what i think is called metabolic bone disease ? and i wanted to check if this was a normal basking behaviour, or if it's something i should get checked at the vet.
any advice would be immensely appreciated, thank u !

Attachments

• E1449277-5C57-47E2-A080-0950CA34D157.jpeg
    E1449277-5C57-47E2-A080-0950CA34D157.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 144

North_Star

Beardie name(s)
Lebowski
i only very recently started caring for my dragon, so please bear with me if my question seems obvious:
my dragon has only recently started basking, as she was left with no basking lamp or any adequate heat source for just about a year before i got her. i checked on her just a few minutes ago, and her mouth is only half open? i'll attach a photo to show what i mean, because i haven't seen anyone else mention anything like this.
i have seen what i think is called metabolic bone disease ? and i wanted to check if this was a normal basking behaviour, or if it's something i should get checked at the vet.
that defiantly isn't normal they sometimes open their mouths when basking but not like that I would get it checked out

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My dragon does it - please go over your husbandry - uvb coil or tube fixture? Please get rid of the sand - it harbors bacteria and can cause impaction- you can use paper towels for now - you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank clean w vinegar and water 50 50 - basking surface basking temps should be 95-100 for a juvenile or adult- those temps should be taken w a digital probe thermometer-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom