dragons mouth only slightly open ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megwighton

Beardie name(s)
Rudi
i only very recently started caring for my dragon, so please bear with me if my question seems obvious:
my dragon has only recently started basking, as she was left with no basking lamp or any adequate heat source for just about a year before i got her. i checked on her just a few minutes ago, and her mouth is only half open? i'll attach a photo to show what i mean, because i haven't seen anyone else mention anything like this.
i have seen what i think is called metabolic bone disease ? and i wanted to check if this was a normal basking behaviour, or if it's something i should get checked at the vet.
any advice would be immensely appreciated, thank u !

Attachments

• E1449277-5C57-47E2-A080-0950CA34D157.jpeg
    E1449277-5C57-47E2-A080-0950CA34D157.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 142

North_Star

Beardie name(s)
Lebowski
i only very recently started caring for my dragon, so please bear with me if my question seems obvious:
my dragon has only recently started basking, as she was left with no basking lamp or any adequate heat source for just about a year before i got her. i checked on her just a few minutes ago, and her mouth is only half open? i'll attach a photo to show what i mean, because i haven't seen anyone else mention anything like this.
i have seen what i think is called metabolic bone disease ? and i wanted to check if this was a normal basking behaviour, or if it's something i should get checked at the vet.
that defiantly isn't normal they sometimes open their mouths when basking but not like that I would get it checked out

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My dragon does it - please go over your husbandry - uvb coil or tube fixture? Please get rid of the sand - it harbors bacteria and can cause impaction- you can use paper towels for now - you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank clean w vinegar and water 50 50 - basking surface basking temps should be 95-100 for a juvenile or adult- those temps should be taken w a digital probe thermometer-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom