Does Anybody Have Any Shedding Tips?

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Hello there,
My bearded dragon is currently shedding around his eyes and mouth. I think it's uncomfortable for him. Does anybody have any tips to speed up the process or make it less uncomfortable?

Thanks,
Hatchi

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello there,
My bearded dragon is currently shedding around his eyes and mouth. I think it's uncomfortable for him. Does anybody have any tips to speed up the process or make it less uncomfortable?

Thanks,
Hatchi
No speeding up the process let the shed do its thing - when the shed becomes dry and crackly spray him then take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him - this will pull the loose stuff off - make sure hes got some decor he can rub his face on to help scratch himself

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
No speeding up the process let the shed do its thing - when the shed becomes dry and crackly spray him then take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him - this will pull the loose stuff off - make sure hes got some decor he can rub his face on to help scratch himself
Thank you for your reply!

logann._

I agree with this, i also personally let my buddy soak 3-4 times a week during shed. It helps to loosen up the skin making it easier to shed. I have a rock in my enclosure with soft rounded edges that my boy loves to rub his face on during shedding.

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
I agree with this, i also personally let my buddy soak 3-4 times a week during shed. It helps to loosen up the skin making it easier to shed. I have a rock in my enclosure with soft rounded edges that my boy loves to rub his face on during shedding.
Thank you so much! That's very helpful!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom