Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Dino was "out & about" today for the first time in MONTHS! I let her roam around the family room today for a while. She was too funny. Tongue-ing everything! I think she thought she could eat my couch cuz it's GREEN! She just kept goin' at it! I don't know why she wanted to eat the hardwood floor though... ??? :laughhard: THEN, another thing I haven't seen her do in MONTHS...she was glass dancing when I put her back in her tank! :love5: I think she's finally getting back to her old 'self'! I just wanted to tell you all that she's doing great!!

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Freedom!
DSCN1046.jpg

Ahhhh, sunshine!
DSCN1042.jpg

Why can't I EAT this? :laughing6:
DSCN1035.jpg

dancing against the back wall of her tank. :D
DSCN1048.jpg

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
What an amazing beardie Mom you are she looks so much better and it even looks like her head is about to shed for you. She certainly knows you are a loving Mommy. I know when my daughter and I were MISINFORMED about our beardie, she wrote a book on how to care for it---tho when I read it last night, I saw mealworms listed as an okay food--I think she might have meant to put in phoenix worms but then she did right it at the age of 9 1/2!

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks everybody for the "kudos". I AM a good beardie Mom, aren't I?! :lol: It hasn't been easy but seeing her get better is SO WORTH IT! Love that lil' critter!
Munch, that's so cute! She must really love her beardie! :love5: It stinks when something goes wrong just because of lack of info! Happens a lot unfortunately. I now know that I will never board my beardie EVER AGAIN. That's what got me into this mess in the first place! She IS getting ready to shed her head again! Can't wait to see what beautiful, healthy scales emerge from underneath! :love10: Dino's such a sweetie! I can't wait for that nasty scab to fall off of her face too! Of course when that happens, I'll post the pic! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, what GREAT news. :blob5: :D :blob8: She looks awesome. It must melt your heart when you see her walking around and exploring the house again the way she used to. She looks so happy and love the pic of her glass dancing, now, that's a happy beardie.

Can't wait to see the pics of her when she sheds her head and gets rid of the last of the nasty scales/scabs.

You should be VERY proud, it's been a looong road for both of you, but finally amazing results. :p

Fellowdt23

Hatchling Member
Hi,

Im glad to see your beardie is on the mend how is he doing now?

I ask ive been battling pneumonia since Feb-march now on 3rd course of anti-biotic im now on Amikin injections every 3 days for 3 weeks so far 10 days in still open mouth breathing :( not convinced this is going to work?

Fortunatly i dont yet have other issues with him he was at deaths door a month ago but oral baytril cleared the majority of his infection but not completely and he is still not eating apart from what i syringe feed him.

If you dont mind me asking was it the nebuliser treatment that eventualy cleared the issue? Im not sure i could cope if in 2 weeks time when i go back to vet after all his injection treatment and its not gone its really stressing me out

My vet is also insisting doing a tracheal wash if this treatment doesnt work

Thanks

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi there, sorry your beardie's got pneumonia! :( Dino doesn't seem to have any breathing issues right now. She's got other issues with a fungus of her skin but the pneumonia seems to be gone! Fingers crossed the pneumonia does not return!
The last meds that we used for Dino was a combination of intraconazole which is an antifungal medication and amikacin by nebulizer which is an antibiotic. After 5 days of this combination Dino was near death. I brought her to the vet in an emergency visit. She was completely unresponsive to anything. She barely responded when I flipped her over onto her back. She hardly even struggled to right herself. I was given Carnivore Care and Critical Care to give her via syringe. At that point, I stopped giving her all meds even though I was told to continue nebulizing her with the amakacin. After being off the meds and given that nutrient combination via syringe she came back around in 24 to 48 hours. A nebulizer is a machine that turns liquid medication into a mist that can be taken directly into the lungs by breathing it in. The machine is commonly used in asthma treatments.

I refused the tracheal wash due to the expense and I felt it was rather invasive to such a small beardie. Her weight at the time was about 180 grams and she is only 14 inches long (she will be 2 yeears old around the end of August). I was also told that the trach wash may or MAY NOT give a definitive answer as to how to treat the pneumonia. The trach is to take samples of fluid in the lungs, send it out for testing to determine if it is bacterial or fungul in nature. If all the meds you've been given so far are antibiotics and your beardie is not responding, chances are it may be a fungul pneumonia. Intraconazole is an antiful medication. Dino's pneumonia was finally knocked out after the 5 days of that combo of meds but I don't know which actually helped to get rid of it. My guess is the intraconazole, the antifungal.

Dino's first med was by injection: Ceftazadime. We tried that at different doses 3 times. After each completion, she seemed to be better, then after about a week and a 1/2 the symptoms always returned. Her second med was Baytril, orally. Again, seemed to help but after a week and a half off it, symtoms returned. Then we did the med/neb treatment.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that I might be able to answer for you. I know how frustrating this is for you as I've been there too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom