dark even tho he is warm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear they turn dark when they are cold but mine will stay dark even tho he is not cold I dont know what is wrong or if it is normal anyone know what he is doing its starting to worry me

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
When you say dark do you mean his scales, beard, belly???

How long have you had your beardie?

How old is your beardie? Baby, juvie to sub-adult, or adult?

Other than dark how is he behaving? Eating or not? Lazy, active, or constant glass dancing?
What UVB are you using and how old is it?

What is his usual basking temp directly on basking spot?

What are the night time temps?

What type of thermometer do you take your temps with?

An a pic of your beardie if you could would be most helpful. :wink:

breardiebrick

Original Poster
scales belly
How long have you had your beardie?
about 3 weeks
How old is your beardie? Baby, juvie to sub-adult, or adult?
juvie
Other than dark how is he behaving? Eating or not? Lazy, active, or constant glass dancing?
What UVB are you using and how old is it?
eats crickets but not many fruits/veggies,lazy in his cage if i take him out he is fine and glass dances all the time the uvb is like 4 days old it 10.0
What is his usual basking temp directly on basking spot?
between 100 and 110
What are the night time temps?
about 75
What type of thermometer do you take your temps with?
digi

An a pic of your beardie if you could would be most helpful. and i cant get a pic i dont know how to get it on here any info would be great tho

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Check out the 3rd post in this thread written by Beardednoob...it will fully explain posting pic's. :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138810

Also I didn't see an answer for this question.
Does this darkness seem to happen more often at a certain time of day like morning?
Do you have any other beardies in the house?

Also the Reptisun 10.0 is the tube not the coil correct?
And what is the distance from the Reptisun to his basking spot?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay is it a Mercury Vapor Bulb? Or is it a coil bulb?
MVB's are the only ones that actually put out heat and UVB.
Do you remember the brand name or still have the packaging?
If not could you look at the base of the bulb(not while on of course) and see what the brand name and wattage says?

breardiebrick

Original Poster
no he just started doin it the other day but he shed last night and he aint anymore but now he sits in his hide and sleeps but will get up to eat

Lisafosc

Hatchling Member
Dont worry about this atm, they do get tempermental around thier shedding times, it upsets them a bit, and prob the stress tired him out! I'm sure he'll be back to his old self soon enough, you got any pics of him?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, he shouldn't be dark in color and hiding too, that is a concern. Could you look at the base of the bulb you're using and give us the brand? Please also double check that it is 100 watts. What is the distance of this bulb to the basking spot? Was he acting this way before you got the new bulb?

I know you mentioned you're using a digital thermometer, is it a digital strip or a digital with a long wire & probe end? Where exactly are you taking the temps?

I wasn't able to view the pics on FB.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Breardiebrick the link will not work for me either. :( What is your account name on fb if you don't mind my asking? Maybe I can find it that way.

breardiebrick

Original Poster
ypu can just look me up in a people search my name is Ben Meinhard and its a zoo med bulb it is 100 watt and i take the temp kinda in the mid of his tank he is out and about more now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom