Cricket cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Anyone ever try and build a cricket cage that a beardie can get in and out of but crickets can't? Maybe an acrylic box with something like a dog door?
Any suggestions?

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
I just have a plastic bin, I'm not sure how to explain it but it would be used for holding different supplies, it has handles molded into the bin and a top that pops on. DO NOT try and make a cricket cage out of cardboard ( I tried, once finished, all the crickets climbed up the sides ). Use something there's no chance in them climbing ( obviously ) ie. Plastic bins. Small glass aquariums, etc.

it should be fine if it , if its tall enoygh they cant crawl out.
just nake sure u give them adaquate food and waer gells.

You can use a big plastic tote from Walmart for the cage and cut a hole in the side of it that would be the easiest thing to to. I have no idea how you would make the door. Actually I don't think it would work cause if there's any kind of door open even just for a second they would get out, their sneaky. Or they could just ride out on your dragons back. It will also take some training to teach your dragon to use the door. Good Luck!

Couldnt you use on of the cat doors that pop into place? They give about 1" to 1-1/2" of space for the material you need to put between the doorway. so theoretically you could put a door way in the side of your viv, the cricket bucket next to it and a door way in that and snap the cat door in place.

Perhaps something like air flowing coming down toward the door way from the inside of the cricket bin (not the beardie viv) would keep them away from the door? Like the air vents they have when you walk into a store during the summer?

I'm not sure it would keep them from getting in though.

xbluex

Juvie Member
If your talking about a perm. cage for the crickets then thats probably not a really good idea. You'd have to take out anything in with the crix before you let your beardie go in. I keep their food, gel water stuff, and egg crate in with my crickets, I know my girl would eat all of the crickets, then she would go for the gel water, then she would start eating the egg crate.
I know people have made feeding containers that are always in the beardies viv, they can go in there, eat their crix and get out, but I've forgotten how they did it.

Krymsan

I'm thinking about trying the same thing. My beardie is in a large 125gal aquraium, so there is room too keep a bin of crickets in, but I'm running into the perdicament that me beardy can't get out of the bin and if I put something inside to assist him the crickets will get out. If I solve the problem I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom