Cricket Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alez

Hey ya'll. So, Leo is getting older, about six-seven months now. And she eats like CRAZY. Its getting really expensive, so I want to start breeding crickets.
So can someone tell me what I'll need and how to do it?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
To start a good pair of ear plugs and plenty of air fresheners. :lol:

Have you considered breeding feeder roaches instead? They are allot easier with no foul odor plus they do not chirp.
Best way to find how to breed feeder insects is to search it on youtube or something similar.

I have been wondering about breeding crickets or even repti-worms as well.. Roaches will NEVER willingly comeinto my house for ANY reason!!! lol

I keep my crickets i have now in my room and i nor anyone else has noticed a smell from them.... N no thats doesnt mean my room already stank lol but we have never had a smell problem with them...

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
McTiriLaTri":muvv7gtx said:
gotcha hmm maybe i'm just immune lol idk but i enjoy not knowing the smell
Small or young crickets really don't smell but, the full grown ones sure can whip up something nasty.

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
they smell for sure but i haven't heard much noise,tho i heard it's from adults mostly

anyway personally the dubias are much easier and cleaner to handle they are def not like regular house hold roaches

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Rud3Bwoy":pruay6ze said:
they smell for sure but i haven't heard much noise,tho i heard it's from adults mostly

anyway personally the dubias are much easier and cleaner to handle they are def not like regular house hold roaches

True, only adult crickets will chirp.

Rud3Bwoy

Sub-Adult Member
with my new dragon i have him away from crickets and don't want them at all around here,they are to annoying compared to other feeders

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
After having adult crickets in my house for a little bit the only thing I can really say is that I REALLY wish dubias were legal in Florida.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Nixiemaiden":20i4hpjs said:
After having adult crickets in my house for a little bit the only thing I can really say is that I REALLY wish dubias were legal in Florida.
Can't you apply for a roach license or something to that effect?

"In the USA, some states require permits before this species can be kept as a pet or in breeding colonies. For example, the state of Florida requires such a permit."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_hissing_cockroach

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
You can but it has to be a breed already established in FL and you have to find a seller in FL as well because most companies won't ship tp FL. In a few months I will try to get a permit for discoids. It just seems like dubia are the best feeder roach.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Nixiemaiden":1brvsy5c said:
You can but it has to be a breed already established in FL and you have to find a seller in FL as well because most companies won't ship tp FL. In a few months I will try to get a permit for discoids. It just seems like dubia are the best feeder roach.

Turkistans are good too. I don't know if they are allowed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom